Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
    US-Across America

    Huawei executive says it still seeks US sales

    By MICHAEL BARRIS in New York | China Daily USA | Updated: 2014-04-28 12:49
    Share
    Share - WeChat

     

    "I object to the way Huawei was treated in the United States because it's unfair," said Owens, who commanded the US Sixth Fleet in 1990 and 1991 during Operation Desert Storm, and is vice-chairman of the New York Stock Exchange for Asia.

    The October 2012 report by the US House Intelligence Committee panel accused Huawei and fellow Chinese telecom ZTE Corp of stealing intellectual property from US companies and said their equipment, when employed by US companies, could become a vehicle for Chinese spying in the US. The panel's report urged US carriers to stop doing business with Huawei and ZTE.

    The companies rejected the report's claims as unfounded and launched aggressive global campaigns to counter the report's conclusions. A White House-ordered review found no concrete evidence to support the House report's espionage allegations.

    The fallout from the report hampered the companies' efforts to establish their US credentials and expand into developed markets. Executives with Huawei, the world's second-largest supplier of network gear by revenue, later said the company would reduce its investment in the US equipment market to seek expansion in other markets, although it said it would focus on selling mobile phones in the US.

    Even before the report, the US accounted for a mere $1.3 billion of Huawei's estimated $35 billion in 2012 sales. Customers such as Colorado-based Level 3 Communications, a major US broadband network operator, had bought an estimated $200 million in optical networking gear from Huawei since 2009, Bloomberg News reported.

    Huawei recently entered the smartwatch market, tapping into a growing field as the crowded phone market reaches a saturation point.

    "When you look around us, everything is getting connected," Huawei consumer-business unit vice-president Colin Giles was quoted by Agence France-Press. Giles said the group was taking early steps in the US to build better relationships with mobile operators and directly with consumers via online shops. "We recognize that the US is a very competitive and very tough market for us," Giles was quoted by Reuters.

    Earlier this year, in a story based upon documents leaked by US whistle-blower Edward Snowden, the New York Times reported that since 2007 the US National Security Agency operated a covert program against Huawei, involving breaking into Huawei's internal networks.

    Charles Ding, Huawei Technologies' chief US representative, describes the telecommunication gear-maker's global growth strategy at a China business conference held at Columbia University on Friday.(MICHAEL BARRIS/CHINA DAILY)

    1 2 Next   >>|

    Today's Top News

    Editor's picks

    Most Viewed

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    无码少妇一区二区| 天堂√中文最新版在线下载| 无码超乳爆乳中文字幕久久| 日韩精品久久无码人妻中文字幕| 惠民福利中文字幕人妻无码乱精品| 国产精品无码免费专区午夜| 亚洲AV无码精品色午夜果冻不卡| 最近中文字幕完整版免费高清| 亚洲乱亚洲乱少妇无码| 国精品无码一区二区三区左线| 国产成人亚洲综合无码| 最近2022中文字幕免费视频| 中文字字幕在线一本通| 亚洲成A人片在线观看无码3D| 久久AV无码精品人妻糸列| 大地资源中文第三页| 人妻中文字幕无码专区| 亚洲AⅤ无码一区二区三区在线| 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式| 中文字幕无码一区二区免费| 最近2018中文字幕免费视频| 人妻无码αv中文字幕久久| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外 | 毛片一区二区三区无码| 国产Av激情久久无码天堂| 少妇人妻偷人精品无码视频 | 国产精品99精品无码视亚| 无码国产精品一区二区免费3p| 亚洲自偷自偷偷色无码中文| 韩日美无码精品无码| 国产精品综合专区中文字幕免费播放| 波多野结衣在线中文| 最近中文字幕免费2019| 亚洲中文字幕丝袜制服一区| 日本一区二区三区不卡视频中文字幕| 最近2019在线观看中文视频| 日本在线中文字幕第一视频| 中文字幕在线观看一区二区| 伊人久久综合精品无码AV专区| 无码人妻精品中文字幕免费 | 免费无码国产在线观国内自拍中文字幕|