Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    US-Across America

    Wal-Mart to triple efforts on food safety

    By Adelina Zhang in New York | China Daily USA | Updated: 2014-06-18 11:19
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, will triple its spending on food safety in China to $48.2 million.

    The company will perform additional testing and apply tougher standards for suppliers in 2014, increasing DNA testing on meat products by 100 percent and facility audits and inspections of primary producers by more than 30 percent from 2013, according to a statement issued by Wal-Mart.

    Wal-Mart made the announcement in Beijing on Tuesday at the start of China's 2014 National Food Safety Week. Previously, the Bentonville, Arkansas, retailer had announced investments of about $16 million for the same three years - 2013, 2014 and 2015.

    "This increased investment reflects our growing commitment to enhance food safety management in the supply chain and in all our stores," said Wal-Mart China Chief Compliance Office Paul Gallemore in the statement. "As a result, Wal-Mart hopes to provide even greater assurance of food product quality, authenticity and safety to our customers."

    Wal-Mart China President and CEO Sean Clarke said in the statement, "Food safety is rooted in Wal-Mart's compliance culture. We strive for our customers to have complete trust in the products they buy from us. All our efforts are aimed to ensure the authenticity, safety and quality of food for our customers in China."

    China has faced numerous food safety problems, including melamine-tainted milk and cadmium-tainted rice to recycled "gutter oil" used for cooking.In January, Wal-Mart's "Five Spice" donkey meat was found to contain fox meat, which came from a local supplier. After the discovery, the company said it would increase checks on vendors.

    Wal-Mart has about 7,000 food suppliers in China. It cut 4 percent of its suppliers in recent years for failing audits or DNA tests.

    The discount retailer plans to add 110 more stores in China by 2016 to the roughly 400 now operating.

    Contact the writer at readers@chinadailyusa.com

    For China Daily

    (China Daily USA 06/18/2014 page2)

    Today's Top News

    Editor's picks

    Most Viewed

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    中文字幕在线一区二区在线| 免费一区二区无码视频在线播放| 无码色AV一二区在线播放| 中文字幕人妻无码一夲道 | 日韩va中文字幕无码电影| 亚洲精品无码av天堂| 无码国内精品人妻少妇蜜桃视频| 久久中文字幕视频、最近更新| 久久精品无码一区二区三区日韩| 亚洲gv猛男gv无码男同短文| 婷婷五月六月激情综合色中文字幕 | 99高清中文字幕在线| 老子影院午夜精品无码| 久久水蜜桃亚洲av无码精品麻豆 | 乱人伦中文无码视频在线观看| 欧美日韩亚洲中文字幕一区二区三区 | 成人性生交大片免费看中文| 国产爆乳无码视频在线观看| 亚洲AV无码1区2区久久| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 日韩视频中文字幕精品偷拍| 久久亚洲精品中文字幕三区| 亚洲色中文字幕无码AV| 中文字幕人妻无码专区| 中文字幕aⅴ人妻一区二区| 亚洲日韩精品无码专区网站| 亚洲?V无码乱码国产精品| 日韩AV无码不卡网站| 国产成人无码精品一区在线观看| 久久久久亚洲av无码专区喷水| 无码国产精品一区二区免费3p| 中文人妻无码一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕久久精品无码喷水| 伊人久久无码中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码乱码国产麻豆| 亚洲国产精品成人精品无码区在线 | 亚洲精品无码永久在线观看| 无码AV动漫精品一区二区免费| 丰满岳乱妇在线观看中字无码| 人妻无码精品久久亚瑟影视| 天堂√中文最新版在线|