Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    Turkey eases row with Germany over economic concerns

    Xinhua | Updated: 2017-08-01 08:39
    Share
    Share - WeChat

     

    File photo shows Turkey's Prime Minister Binali Yildirim speaks during a special debate to commemorate the attempted coup on its first anniversary at the Turkish parliament in Ankara, Turkey July 15, 2017. [Photo/Agencies]

     

    ANKARA - Turkey is tuning down its row with Germany following the latter's warning about risks of investing in the country and an "overhaul" of their relationship amid a political row.

    Turkey immediately stepped up to reassure German investors that its investment environment for foreign investors is reliable and this policy will continue in the future.

    Investments by German firms in Turkey are safe and their businesses would not be affected by political tension between Ankara and Berlin, German weekly magazine Der Spiegel quoted Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek as saying on July 29.

    "I can assure the business community that Turkey remains an open, liberal and investment-friendly country," Simsek said.

    The minister's statement was the latest of attempts made by the Turkish government to stem the economic fall-out after Berlin threatened to slow down investment in Turkey, whose economy is dependent on foreign capital.

    Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim last week also met with German business executives, underlining that Ankara would not allow tension between the two governments to harm the companies' interests in Turkey.

    "It is very important to us that you are not a part of this tension and do not suffer any damage from the events," Yildirim said on Thursday.

    Turkey's Economy minister Nihat Zeybekci also joined the chorus to try to calm down the storm with Germany.

    "The Turkey-Germany crisis is temporary. One must refrain from words that would cause lasting harm to the economies. Germany must reassess comments that are inappropriate." Zeybekci said on Friday, adding that the German-Turkish relations will pass this stress test.

    Amid a growing diplomatic row with Turkey, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel threatened to slap sanctions on Turkey, after the arrest of human rights activists on July 5 including a German citizen, Peter Steudtner, who is a representative of Amnesty International.

    The incident further added to the tensions caused by the detention in February of Deniz Yucel, a German-Turkish dual-nationality reporter for the newspaper Die Welt, and by the Turkey's refusal to allow a group of German lawmakers to visit a NATO base in Turkey.

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    日日摸日日碰夜夜爽无码| 国产中文字幕在线观看| 国产资源网中文最新版| AAA级久久久精品无码片| 中文自拍日本综合| 婷婷五月六月激情综合色中文字幕| 亚洲精品无码成人片久久| 中文字幕一二区| 亚洲 欧美 中文 在线 视频| 韩国免费a级作爱片无码| 中文字幕丰满乱孑伦无码专区| 天堂网在线最新版www中文网| 久久亚洲AV无码西西人体| 亚洲va中文字幕无码久久不卡| 最近免费2019中文字幕大全| 中文字幕久久精品无码| 亚洲熟妇少妇任你躁在线观看无码| 少妇无码一区二区三区免费| 中文字幕久久精品无码| 日韩精品无码一区二区三区四区| 日韩电影免费在线观看中文字幕| 亚洲欧美精品一中文字幕| 性无码专区| 中文字字幕在线中文乱码不卡| 久久国产精品无码网站| 国产精品无码一区二区在线观一| 国产真人无码作爱视频免费| 精品无码国产一区二区三区AV| 无码精品久久久天天影视 | 无码AV动漫精品一区二区免费| 无码成人一区二区| 亚洲精品无码久久久久久| 亚洲AV无码一区二区乱孑伦AS | 久久亚洲AV成人无码| 中文精品99久久国产| 日本无码小泬粉嫩精品图| 夜夜添无码试看一区二区三区| 亚洲大尺度无码专区尤物| 免费A级毛片无码A∨中文字幕下载 | 无码专区国产无套粉嫩白浆内射| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外|