Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    4 arrested in England on suspicion of plotting attacks

    By Bo Leung in London | China Daily | Updated: 2017-12-21 10:16
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    British counter-terror police resumed searches of two properties on Wednesday following the arrest of four men on suspicion of planning acts of terrorism on Tuesday.

    The men have been detained on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

    Police raided five properties in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire in England.

    A 31-year-old man was arrested after the bomb squad cordoned off a street in Chesterfield and nearby residents were evacuated from their homes as searches were carried out.

    Three other men aged 22, 36 and 41 were detained in separate properties in the Burngreave and Meersbrook areas of Sheffield.

    An additional address in Stocksbridge in Sheffield was also searched in connection with the arrests.

    The four suspects were taken to a police station in West Yorkshire for questioning and remain in custody.

    Police said the arrests were "intelligence-led and preplanned" as part of an on-going joint operation by Counter Terrorism Policing North East and Britain's domestic security agency MI5.

    'Utmost concern'

    Una Jennings, South Yorkshire Police Superintendent for the Sheffield area, said: "We work very closely with our colleagues at the North East Counter Terrorism Unit and we will ensure we maintain these strong links in order to provide a high level of service and delivery to everyone in our community. Public safety is our utmost concern."

    Police added in a statement, "the public many have heard loud bangs at the time police entered the properties. We would like to reassure them that this was part of the method of entry to gain access".

    "We of course understand that police activity of this nature can be unsettling. However, please be reassured: the arrest we wanted to make has been made," Bill McWilliam, Derbyshire Constabulary assistant chief constable said.

    "Our advice remains to be vigilant, which is not different to our day-to-day advice in the current climate, but continue to go about your business as usual."

    The UK threat level for terrorism remains at severe, meaning an attack is deemed highly likely.

    Britain has been hit with five attacks this year, in London and Manchester, and UK security officials said earlier this month that authorities have foiled nine terror plots since March.

    boleung@mail.chinadailyuk.com

     

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    曰韩中文字幕在线中文字幕三级有码| 日韩国产精品无码一区二区三区| 无码精品国产一区二区三区免费 | 国产午夜无码专区喷水| 欧美日韩中文国产va另类 | 久久国产三级无码一区二区| 老子午夜精品无码| 日本中文字幕在线| 欧洲成人午夜精品无码区久久| 中文无码熟妇人妻AV在线| 中文字幕久久久久人妻| 6080YYY午夜理论片中无码| 亚洲AV永久无码精品网站在线观看 | 忘忧草在线社区WWW中国中文 | 免费A级毛片无码无遮挡 | 精品国产aⅴ无码一区二区| 亚洲精品无码鲁网中文电影| 国产成人无码午夜福利软件| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区漫画| 无码人妻丰满熟妇啪啪网站| 欧美中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区国产| 人妻丰满AV无码久久不卡| 亚洲国产精品无码av| 久久无码高潮喷水| 中文字幕精品视频在线| 欧美日韩国产中文精品字幕自在自线| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久2017| 中文字幕精品亚洲无线码二区 | 4hu亚洲人成人无码网www电影首页 | 亚洲中久无码不卡永久在线观看| 97久久精品无码一区二区| 国产精品无码无片在线观看 | 少妇无码AV无码一区| 中文字幕手机在线观看| 久久精品中文字幕有码| 久久久久久无码国产精品中文字幕| а天堂中文在线官网| 中文字幕欧美日韩| 我的小后妈中文翻译| 国产成人麻豆亚洲综合无码精品 |