Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Policies

    Beijing concerned over US restrictions on Chinese investment

    By Zhong Nan | China Daily | Updated: 2018-01-12 08:02
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    China on Thursday expressed concerns over the "glass door" or "swing door" restrictions on Chinese investment by the United States citing national security concerns.

    "Glass door" or "swing door" indicates barriers that are deliberately set by governments to stop foreign direct investment in certain businesses, driven largely by political and economic purposes, but having nothing to do with national security issues.

    "We do not oppose normal security reviews by relevant countries over foreign investment," said Gao Feng, a spokesman for the Ministry of Commerce.

    "We hope relevant countries can take effective measures to create fairness for investors from all countries, including Chinese companies for a fair, open, predictable investment environment."

    His comments came after China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd suffered a major setback on Tuesday when its US partner AT&T Inc reportedly dropped a deal to sell the company's smartphones at the last minute under political pressure from US lawmakers.

    The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, or CFIUS, also blocked China's Ant Financial, a private company, in its $1.2 billion acquisition deal of US money transfer company MoneyGram International Inc last week, citing national security concerns.

    "As far as the Ant Financial case is concerned, we regret to see that a normal business investment and a merger made by a Chinese company in the US was once again blocked because of the so-called national security reasons," said Gao.

    Trade between China and the US reached $527.22 billion in value between January and November in 2017, up 12.8 percent year-on-year. China, in the meantime, gained a trade surplus of $251.26 billion, growing 9.7 percent from the same period a year earlier, according to data from the General Administration of Customs.

    To protect its own interests, the US government launched a Section 301 investigation into Chinese intellectual property and technology transfer, self-initiated probes into Chinese-made aluminum products in December, and rejected China's market economy status at the World Trade Organization.

    Gao said China is against trade protectionism in any form. The country will take all necessary measures to ensure the legitimate rights of Chinese companies if the US insists on adopting unilateral acts regarding trade protectionism.

    "The trade imbalance is caused by the distribution of the global value chain and the differentiated industrial structure," said Xue Rongjiu, deputy director of the Beijing-based China Society for WTO Studies.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    日韩乱码人妻无码中文字幕视频| av区无码字幕中文色| av无码免费一区二区三区| 无码人妻黑人中文字幕| 国产AV一区二区三区无码野战| 无码精品A∨在线观看免费| 中文字幕无码AV波多野吉衣| a最新无码国产在线视频| 亚洲精品无码专区在线在线播放| 日韩欧美一区二区不卡中文| 亚洲国产成人精品无码久久久久久综合 | 7777久久亚洲中文字幕| 精品无人区无码乱码大片国产| 无码日韩精品一区二区免费| 大桥久未无码吹潮在线观看| 精品人妻无码专区中文字幕| 日韩中文字幕免费视频| 国产 欧美 亚洲 中文字幕 | 国产 日韩 中文字幕 制服| 无码av免费一区二区三区试看| 无码乱人伦一区二区亚洲一 | 国产成人无码AⅤ片在线观看| 最好看的中文字幕最经典的中文字幕视频| 无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃百度| 精品无码久久久久久午夜| 十八禁无码免费网站| 无码精品A∨在线观看中文| 伊人久久综合无码成人网| 免费无码一区二区三区蜜桃| 波多野结衣AV无码久久一区 | 人妻丰满熟妇岳AV无码区HD| 无码AV片在线观看免费| 色窝窝无码一区二区三区| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区夜夜嗨 | 天堂亚洲国产中文在线 | 天堂а√在线地址中文在线| 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 八戒理论片午影院无码爱恋| 永久免费av无码入口国语片| 西西午夜无码大胆啪啪国模| 国产亚洲精品无码成人|