Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Asia-Pacific

    Tanker sinks, but flames persist on surface of the sea

    By Luo Wangshu | China Daily | Updated: 2018-01-15 06:38
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    The Panamaregistered oil tanker Sanchi suddenly reignited on Sunday, with smoke and flames shooting up 800 meters. The tanker carrying 136,000 metric tons of light crude oil has been adrift and on fire following a collision with another vessel in the East China Sea on Jan 6. [Photo provided by The Ministry of Transport]

    The Panama-registered oil tanker Sanchi exploded and sank in the East China Sea on Sunday afternoon, eight days after it collided with a cargo vessel and burst into flames. China's ocean administration is busy monitoring its subsequent environmental impact. 

    Of the 32 crew members, just three bodies had been recovered by Sunday, officials said.

    A large amount of oil from the spill continued to burn on the sea's surface, affecting the environment, the State Oceanic Administration said on Sunday evening.

    The consistency of petroleum material in the seawater in the area was up to 25 micrograms per liter on Saturday before the ship sank, the administration said. It did not provide a context as to whether that was serious or not.

    Officers planned to intensify monitoring and assess its environmental impact, the administration said.

    The Iranian ship sank about 4:45 pm, 151 nautical miles from the collision site, according to the Ministry of Transport. A 10-square-kilometer oil belt could be observed visually, a report by China Central Television said.

    The Sanchi, carrying 136,000 metric tons of highly flammable condensate oil, or natural gas liquids, collided with a Hong Kong-registered cargo ship about 8 pm on Jan 6 some 160 nautical miles east of Shanghai. 

    Zhang Yong, an engineer from the administration, told CCTV that the condensate, a type of ultralight oil, has comparatively less effect in damaging the ocean than other crude oil products because of its high volatility.

    The Sanchi had 32 crew members — 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis. As of Sunday, three bodies of the missing had been recovered — two were found by a salvage team on Saturday and one was discovered at the collision site on Jan 8, according to the ministry. The cargo ship's 21 crew members were rescued. 

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲日韩精品A∨片无码| mm1313亚洲国产精品无码试看| AV大片在线无码永久免费| 中文字幕精品一区二区三区视频| heyzo专区无码综合| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区性色| 日本久久久精品中文字幕| 精品久久久久久无码人妻热| 亚洲成AV人片在线播放无码 | 无码人妻久久一区二区三区免费 | 中文字幕无码第1页| 久久久无码精品午夜| 日韩精品少妇无码受不了| 夜夜添无码一区二区三区| 无码av中文一二三区| 中文字幕成人免费视频| 无码专区中文字幕无码| 婷婷五月六月激情综合色中文字幕| 97免费人妻无码视频| 精品日韩亚洲AV无码| 日韩免费无码一区二区三区| 亚洲gv猛男gv无码男同短文| 特级做A爰片毛片免费看无码 | 无码夫の前で人妻を犯す中字| 爆操夜夜操天天操中文| 国色天香中文字幕在线视频| 亚洲AV无码不卡在线观看下载| a最新无码国产在线视频| Aⅴ精品无码无卡在线观看| 国产精品无码A∨精品影院 | 曰韩无码AV片免费播放不卡| 国产精品无码无卡无需播放器| 精品久久久久久无码人妻热| 69天堂人成无码麻豆免费视频| 东京热加勒比无码少妇| 精品无码久久久久久国产| 亚洲精品国产日韩无码AV永久免费网 | 国产成人无码av片在线观看不卡| 91精品久久久久久无码 | 少妇无码太爽了不卡视频在线看| 久久无码人妻精品一区二区三区|