Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    Trump says not concerned about attorney general's interview in Russia probe

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-01-24 14:05
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    WASHINGTON - US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he is not concerned about the ongoing Russia probe in which a member of his cabinet was for the first time questioned last week.

    The Justice Department on Tuesday confirmed that Attorney General Jeff Sessions was interviewed for several hours last week by the special counsel's office.

    Special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election and collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

    "I'm not at all concerned," Trump told reporters at the White House.

    The president also said that he had not talked to Sessions about what he discussed with Mueller's investigators.

    The special counsel's team was also reportedly looking into any attempts by Trump to obstruct the investigation.

    Sessions, an early supporter of Trump's presidential bid, has drawn attention for his contacts with Russia during the presidential campaign and his role in Trump's firing of former FBI director James Comey.

    The White House said in May last year that Trump fired Comey "based on clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

    Comey was appointed as FBI director in 2013, and was embroiled in controversy during the presidential election in 2016 after announcing an investigation into the emails of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton days before the election day, a move that Hillary said was partially the cause of her loss.

    Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation in March 2017, a move that meant he had no power to influence Mueller's probe and led to repeated criticism from the president.

    The Washington Post, citing two sources in an article Tuesday, said Mueller specifically wants to question Trump in the next several weeks about his decisions to oust national security adviser Michael Flynn and Comey.

    According to the newspaper, Trump's legal team wants to have the president answer questions through a combination of an in-person interview and a written statement.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    国产成人亚洲综合无码| 亚洲国产精品无码久久青草| 天天爽亚洲中文字幕| 无码人妻久久久一区二区三区| 人妻中文字幕乱人伦在线| WWW插插插无码视频网站| 亚洲精品无码成人AAA片| 佐佐木明希一区二区中文字幕| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区影院 | 国产成人无码精品久久久免费| 日韩综合无码一区二区| 欧美中文字幕一区二区三区| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区AV| 国产50部艳色禁片无码| 无码少妇一区二区性色AV| 亚洲综合无码AV一区二区| 天堂Aⅴ无码一区二区三区| 最近更新中文字幕第一页| 欧美精品中文字幕亚洲专区| 国产精品中文久久久久久久| 久久久久久亚洲精品无码| 久久久久久国产精品无码超碰| 无码人妻AⅤ一区二区三区| 伊人久久无码中文字幕| 国产色综合久久无码有码| 无码福利一区二区三区| 中文无码熟妇人妻AV在线| 国产欧美日韩中文字幕 | 日本乱偷人妻中文字幕在线| 久久99中文字幕久久| 亚洲国产精品无码中文字| 亚洲免费无码在线| 亚洲自偷自偷偷色无码中文| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码一二三区| 精品999久久久久久中文字幕| 国产中文字幕视频| 亚洲日韩在线中文字幕第一页| 日韩视频中文字幕精品偷拍| 最近的2019免费中文字幕| 亚洲精品无码成人AAA片| 无码国产精品一区二区免费16|