Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Industries

    Sales slowdown to hurt prospects for smartphone firms

    By Paul Welitzkin in New York | China Daily | Updated: 2018-02-06 13:10
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    Global sales of smartphones declined in the fourth quarter of 2017 due in part to lagging demand in China, according to two consulting companies.

    Citing preliminary data, International Data Corporation (IDC) said on Thursday that smartphone vendors shipped 403.5 million units during the fourth quarter of 2017, a 6.3 percent decline compared to the 430.7 million units from the final quarter of 2016.

    Strategy Analytics said on Thursday that global smartphone shipments tumbled 9 percent to 400.2 million units in last year's fourth quarter, down from 438.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2016, the biggest annual decline in history, according to Strategy Analytics.

    Framingham, Massachusetts-based IDC said some markets such as China and the US both witnessed a decline during the quarter as consumers appeared to be in no rush to upgrade to the newest generation of higher-priced flagship devices.

    Strategy Analytics said the decline was led by what it called a decline in the Chinese market.

    "China's smartphone market is declining because consumers are holding on to their phones for longer, operators like China Mobile have reduced their smartphone subsidies, and device makers such as Huawei have launched fewer 'wow' models to tempt shoppers back into retail stores. Some consumers are finding their smartphones 'good enough' and are pausing on upgrading," Neil Mawston, executive director at Boston-based Strategy Analytics, said in an email.

    China's Xiaomi continued its rise, almost doubling smartphone shipments from a year ago, according to the Strategy Analytics report.

    "Xiaomi is soaring fastest in India and China. Xiaomi has improved its Android smartphone designs and massively increased its retail presence online and in stores across those countries. Better phones plus more shelf-share mean higher sales," Mawston said.

    Apple captured first place with 19 percent global market share, nudging Samsung into second position. Woody Oh, a director at Strategy Analytics, said China's Huawei Technologies Co maintained its third position with a 10 percent global smartphone market share, holding steady from the same level a year ago.

    "Huawei is performing well across Asia and Europe, but it is struggling to crack the valuable US market due to limited distribution channels. Huawei's goal to be the world's number one or two smartphone vendor is unlikely to happen if it cannot make headway in the United States," Oh said in a statement.

    News reports have said Verizon Communications Inc and AT&T Corp, the two largest wireless carriers in the US, have ended plans to sell Huawei phones, reportedly under pressure from the US government over security concerns.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    免费无码黄网站在线看| 人妻系列无码专区久久五月天 | 中文字幕AV中文字无码亚| 亚洲第一极品精品无码久久| 天堂资源在线最新版天堂中文| Aⅴ精品无码无卡在线观看| 麻豆国产精品无码视频| 99高清中文字幕在线| 亚洲精品欧美精品中文字幕| 69ZXX少妇内射无码| 亚洲成AV人在线播放无码| 特级做A爰片毛片免费看无码| 亚洲AV中文无码乱人伦在线观看| 国产亚洲情侣一区二区无码AV| 精品亚洲AV无码一区二区| 中文无码喷潮在线播放| 今天免费中文字幕视频| 在线欧美中文字幕农村电影| 黑人无码精品又粗又大又长 | 狠狠躁狠狠爱免费视频无码 | 久久无码人妻精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲成在人线在线播放无码| 国产午夜精品无码| 色AV永久无码影院AV| 亚洲成a人片在线观看无码| A级毛片无码久久精品免费 | 无码专区—VA亚洲V天堂| 国产成人精品无码一区二区三区 | 久久久久av无码免费网| 影音先锋中文无码一区| 一本一道色欲综合网中文字幕| 大地资源中文第三页| 最近中文2019字幕第二页| 99re只有精品8中文| 三上悠亚ssⅰn939无码播放| 韩日美无码精品无码| 在线观看免费无码专区 | 国产V片在线播放免费无码 | 中文字幕极速在线观看| 熟妇人妻VA精品中文字幕| 伊人热人久久中文字幕|