Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    British PM unveils plans to build 300,000 homes a year

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-03-05 22:55
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    LONDON - An overhaul of Britain's planning laws to enable 300,000 homes to be built a year was announced Monday by British Prime Minister Theresa May.

    The reforms will place a greater emphasis on converting planning permissions into homes. In what is the first major overhaul of planning policy for six years, the changes will provide a comprehensive approach for planners, developers and councils to build more homes.

    Announcing the shake-up, May said that tearing up the protected green belts of Britain is not the answer to Britain's housing crisis and that existing projections will be maintained and, in some cases, strengthened.

    The protection of green spaces is considered a hot topic, particularly in some of the traditionally Conservative shire county areas.

    May told delegates at the national planning conference that home ownership in Britain was largely unaffordable to those without the support of the so-called "the bank of mum and dad," a reference to children relying on financial help from parents to climb onto the property ladder.

    "Young people without family wealth are right to be angry at not being able to buy a home," May said.

    Councils and developers will be required to work with community groups to ensure those affected by new developments will have a say.

    More freedom will be given to town and city councils to make the most of existing land to build homes that maximize density.

    Redundant land will be encouraged such as underutilized retail or industrial space for homes, with more flexibility given to extend upwards on existing blocks of flats and houses as well as shops and offices.

    Housing Secretary Sajid Javid said: "An entire generation is being locked out of a broken housing market as prices and rents race ahead of supply. Reforming the planning system is the crucial next step to building the homes the country needs."

    A spokesman for the Ministry of Housing said: "The government has already delivered more than a million homes since 2010, and last year saw the biggest increase in housing supply in England, over 217,000 new homes -- for almost a decade."

    John Healey, Labour's Shadow Secretary of State for Housing, said: "This policy shows again that ministers have no proper plan to fix the housing crisis. Eight years of failure on housing is the fault of Whitehall, not town halls."

    "Since 2010, home-ownership has fallen to a 30-year low, rough sleeping has more than doubled, and the number of new homes being built still hasn't recovered to pre-recession levels."

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    日本一区二区三区中文字幕| 色欲香天天综合网无码| 中文无码字慕在线观看| 亚洲AV无码成人专区片在线观看 | 国产成人无码免费看视频软件 | 无码不卡亚洲成?人片| 岛国无码av不卡一区二区| 日本成人中文字幕| 日韩亚洲国产中文字幕欧美| 毛片无码免费无码播放| 亚洲国产精品无码久久久秋霞2 | 天堂а√在线地址中文在线| 欧美日韩中文国产一区发布| A∨变态另类天堂无码专区| 无码永久免费AV网站| 免费看又黄又无码的网站| 久久有码中文字幕| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线观看| 中文字幕av高清片| 无码任你躁久久久久久| 国产精品无码免费播放| 精品无码日韩一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲AV无码欧洲AV无码网站| 在线观看免费无码专区 | 无码人妻熟妇AV又粗又大| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区| 亚洲精品97久久中文字幕无码| 在线日韩中文字幕| 亚洲一区二区中文| 最近免费中文字幕高清大全 | 久久久久亚洲AV无码麻豆| 无码国内精品久久人妻| 无码人妻AV免费一区二区三区 | 久久AV无码精品人妻糸列| 国产在线无码精品电影网| 97无码人妻福利免费公开在线视频| 中文字幕精品久久| 亚洲AV永久无码区成人网站| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区99仓本 | 国产精品VA在线观看无码不卡| 精品久久久久久无码中文字幕一区 |