Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    Moves on Russia get mixed review

    By Zhao Huanxin in Washington | China Daily USA | Updated: 2018-03-16 11:14
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    The United States' announcement of sanctions on Russian individuals and entities for the alleged US election meddling has aroused mixed reactions in Washington and beyond, with some hawks on Capitol Hill calling for more action, while Moscow said it is preparing retaliation.

    The US Treasury Department on Thursday announced its decision to sanction five entities and 19 individuals for alleged interference with the 2016 US presidential elections and engaging in "malicious" cyberattacks. Of the individuals, 13 had been indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller.

    "The Administration is confronting and countering malign Russian cyber activity, including their attempted interference in US elections, destructive cyberattacks, and intrusions targeting critical infrastructure," said Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin.

    "These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia," Mnuchin said in a statement.

    The White House said President Donald Trump has been "extremely tough on Russia" during his time in office. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Russia will need to "decide if they want to be a good actor or a bad actor".

    "We're going to be tough on Russia until they decide to change their behavior," Sanders was quoted by The Associated Press as saying.

    At the same time, she left open the possibility of better US-Russia cooperation, arguing that "if we can work together to combat world threats on things like North Korea, then we should," the Ap reported.

    Russia's deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov said the Kremlin has already started working on retaliatory measures against the new US sanctions.

    "We have already started working on our reciprocal measures," he said without hinting when they might follow, the Russian news agency TASS reported on Thursday. "I believe further demonstrative, tough actions (on the part of the US) are possible. We are ready for them."

    Republican House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce said in a statement, "Today's action, using authority provided by Congress, is an important step by the administration. But more must be done."

    Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said on his Twitter account that he supported the sanctions announced by the Treasury Department, "but believe even more must be done".

    huanxinzhao@chinadailyusa.com

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    无码人妻丰满熟妇精品区| 欧美日韩亚洲中文字幕二区| 中文字幕日本高清| av无码久久久久不卡免费网站| 最近免费中文字幕mv在线电影| 97免费人妻无码视频| 久久久久久国产精品无码下载| 中文字幕免费不卡二区| 无码av最新无码av专区| 中文字幕一区二区三区日韩精品| 亚洲精品无码99在线观看| 免费无码VA一区二区三区| 一区二区三区无码视频免费福利| 欧美日本中文字幕| 久久中文字幕人妻丝袜| 50岁人妻丰满熟妇αv无码区 | 变态SM天堂无码专区| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 国产高清中文欧美| 无码日韩人妻AV一区免费l| 狠狠噜天天噜日日噜无码 | 伊人久久综合精品无码AV专区| 最近2019免费中文字幕视频三| 亚洲熟妇无码八V在线播放| 高h纯肉无码视频在线观看| 无码国内精品人妻少妇蜜桃视频| 国产AⅤ无码专区亚洲AV| 亚洲日韩欧美国产中文| 日韩乱码人妻无码中文字幕视频| 久久精品中文闷骚内射| 人妻少妇精品视中文字幕国语| 日本中文字幕一区二区有码在线| 中文字幕无码毛片免费看| 五月天无码在线观看| 婷婷色中文字幕综合在线| 中文字幕丰满乱子无码视频| 亚洲免费无码在线| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 中文字幕久精品免费视频| 制服丝袜人妻中文字幕在线| 亚洲一本大道无码av天堂|