Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Middle East

    Twin blasts in Afghan capital kill at least 26, including nine journalists

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-05-01 00:13
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Afghan journalists are seen after the second blast in Kabul, Afghanistan April 30, 2018. [Photo/Agencies]

    Explosions in the Afghan capital Kabul killed at least 26 people on Monday, including nine journalists who had arrived to report on an initial blast and were apparently targeted by a suicide bomber, officials said.

    The attacks, a week after 60 people were killed as they waited at a voter registration center in the city, underlined mounting insecurity despite repeated government pledges to tighten defences.

    Hours after the attack in Kabul, a suicide bomber in a vehicle attacked a foreign military convoy in the southern province of Kandahar, killing 11 children studying in a nearby religious school, police said.

    "These attacks caused untold human suffering to Afghan families," said Tadamichi Yamamoto, the top U.N. official in Afghanistan.

    "I am furthermore outraged by the attack which appears to have deliberately targeted journalists," he said in a statement.

    The attacks in rapid succession were a grim reminder of the strength of both the Taliban and Islamic State's emerging Afghanistan branch to wreak violence despite stepped up US air attacks under Trump's new policy for the 16-year-old war.

    Taliban militants, fighting to restore their version of strict Islamic law to Afghanistan, announced their usual spring offensive last week and there has been heavy fighting in several areas of the country since.

    Islamic State claimed responsibility for the two blasts in the capital, which killed at least 26 people, including four police, and wounded 49 seriously, Hashmat Stanekzai, a senior police official, said.

    The Afghan Journalists Safety Committee (AFJSC) said nine journalists were killed in Kabul, the worst toll for media workers in a single attack in the country.

    Najib Danish, a spokesman for the interior ministry, said a suicide bomber appeared to have posed as a media worker and blew himself up where reporters and rescue workers had gathered.

    "We know that a suicide bomber pretended to be a reporter. He showed his press card and stood among journalists before blowing himself up," Danish told Reuters.

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    免费无码黄十八禁网站在线观看 | 国产成人精品无码免费看| 久久久久久综合一区中文字幕| 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式 | 18禁网站免费无遮挡无码中文| 中文字幕无码高清晰 | 少妇无码一区二区二三区| 线中文在线资源 官网| 亚洲天堂2017无码中文| 久久亚洲AV成人无码电影| 精品亚洲AV无码一区二区| 天堂在线中文字幕| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| www无码乱伦| 久久精品无码一区二区三区| 无码人妻熟妇AV又粗又大| 在线观看片免费人成视频无码| 暖暖免费中文在线日本| 在线综合+亚洲+欧美中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕一二三四区苍井空| 91精品久久久久久无码 | 国产成人无码一区二区在线观看 | 人妻少妇看A偷人无码电影| 最近中文字幕在线| 日韩中文字幕欧美另类视频| 中文在线天堂网WWW| 亚洲欧美日韩中文在线制服| 中文字幕无码精品三级在线电影| 亚洲无码高清在线观看| 久久精品中文字幕一区 | 中文字幕一区二区精品区| 人妻中文字系列无码专区| 无码人妻精品中文字幕| 精品久久久久久中文字幕| 中文字幕免费视频一| 最近免费中文字幕高清大全| 91中文在线观看| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈 | 视频一区二区中文字幕| 亚洲JIZZJIZZ中国少妇中文 | 国产成人无码免费看视频软件 |