Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Middle East

    Iran FM heads to Brussels to save nuclear agreement

    China Daily | Updated: 2018-05-16 10:50
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif arrives at the EU council in Brussels, Belgium May 15, 2018. [Photo/Agencies]

    Washington's exit from deal leaves uncertainties for German industries

    BRUSSELS - Iran's foreign minister arrived in Brussels on Tuesday on the final leg of a global tour rallying diplomatic support for the country's nuclear deal with world powers after US President Donald Trump administration's abrupt withdrawal.

    Mohammad Javad Zarif was scheduled to meet with his counterparts from Britain, France and Germany - the three European nations involved in the landmark deal who are incensed by Washington's abandonment of the pact.

    After long negotiations, Iran agreed in July 2015 to freeze its nuclear program in return for the repeal of punishing international sanctions.

    But last week, Trump announced he was leaving the deal and reimposing sanctions.

    Zarif has since embarked on a whirlwind global tour, visiting both China and Russia, the two other signatory nations, in a bid to bolster support.

    Washington's decision to go against its European allies' advice and abandon the deal has pushed them closer to Beijing and Moscow as diplomats scramble to keep the pact alive.

    "The agreement with Iran is working, we must do our utmost to preserve it," Maja Kocijancic, spokeswoman for the head of European diplomacy Federica Mogherini, said ahead of Zarif's arrival.

    Iran has said it is preparing to resume "industrial-scale" uranium enrichment "without any restrictions" unless Europe provides solid guarantees that it can maintain trade ties despite renewed US sanctions.

    On Monday, Zarif met with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, a day after visiting Beijing.

    "The final aim of these negotiations is to seek assurances that the interests of the Iranian nation will be defended," Zarif said at the start of a meeting.

    After the talks, Zarif praised the "excellent cooperation" between Moscow and Teheran and said Lavrov had promised to "defend and keep the agreement".

    Lavrov, for his part, said Russia and Europe had a duty to "jointly defend their legal interests" in terms of the deal.

    On Monday, Zarif also sent a letter to the United Nations in which he accused the US of showing a "complete disregard for international law" in pulling out of the deal.

    Russian President Vladimir Putin has already spoken with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan about efforts to save the accord, after voicing his "deep concern" over Trump's decision.

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    超清无码无卡中文字幕 | 黑人无码精品又粗又大又长 | 国产V亚洲V天堂A无码| 亚洲中文字幕一二三四区苍井空 | 一二三四在线播放免费观看中文版视频| 无码精品A∨在线观看| 色婷婷综合久久久久中文一区二区| 无套内射在线无码播放| 国产精品中文字幕在线观看| 东京热加勒比无码视频| 久久久久久国产精品无码下载| 亚洲精品无码日韩国产不卡?V| 日韩精品人妻系列无码专区| 暴力强奷在线播放无码| 亚洲日本中文字幕一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕无码一区二区三区| 久久精品无码一区二区三区免费| 无码国内精品人妻少妇| 亚洲av成人无码久久精品| 精品欧洲AV无码一区二区男男| 精品人妻va出轨中文字幕| 无码国模国产在线无码精品国产自在久国产 | 无码一区二区三区在线观看| 国产中文在线亚洲精品官网| 日本按摩高潮a级中文片| 特级小箩利无码毛片| 午夜无码国产理论在线| 精品无码国产污污污免费网站| 无码专区永久免费AV网站| 亚洲国产精品无码一线岛国| 中文字幕av无码专区第一页| 日韩精品无码一区二区三区四区 | 中文字幕乱码人妻无码久久| 人妻AV中出无码内射| 日韩精品无码一区二区三区AV| 特级做A爰片毛片免费看无码| 无码乱码av天堂一区二区| 亚洲一区无码中文字幕| 曰韩人妻无码一区二区三区综合部 | 色综合久久无码中文字幕| 玖玖资源站无码专区|