Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    German refugee agency to review 18,000 successful applications in asylum scandal

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-05-18 23:47
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    BERLIN - The German Federal Office for Migration and Asylum (Bamf) is reviewing around 18,000 successful asylum applications in response to serious irregularities at its Bremen branch, the organization's director Jutta Cordt told the press on Friday.

    Speaking in Berlin, Cordt explained that the comprehensive assessment would take three months in total and involve 70 Bamf employees. The objective of the investigation was to review every case in which asylum status had been granted to refugees by the Bremen office since the year 2000.

    "We are in the process of clarifying the matter and this effort is still ongoing," the Bamf director said.

    A senior Bamf employee in Bremen stands accused of incorrectly granting humanitarian residency in Germany in thousands of applications asylum seekers between 2013 and 2017. The Bremen State Prosecution Office confirmed that it was investigating the Bamf employee in question, as well as three attorneys and one translator who are believed to have cooperated systematically in subverting the course of justice.

    The suspects face criminal charges of corruption and organized incitement of filing fraudulent asylum applications. A spokesperson for the interior ministry subsequently emphasized that the accusations only concerned an "isolated case."

    According to Cordt, so far, around 600 reviewed cases handled by the suspected lawyers were found to have severe procedural flaws. Where necessary steps would be taken to revoke incorrect asylum decisions, although this would involve a lengthy and complicated judicial process.

    In an address to parliamentary delegates, interior minister and Christian Social Union (CSU) leader Horst Seehofer said that he remained convinced that the Nuremberg-based Bamf did its job well as a whole and consequently did not deserve to be placed under collective suspicion. However, the minister has also come under heavy attack himself in the affair for allegedly withholding information from the public.

    Josefa Schmid, a civil servant who was posted to the Bamf Bremen office as an interim director following the first revelations of the scandal, told the press that she personally informed the minster in March about 3,332 asylum decisions which she believed to be incorrect. By contrast, Seehofer insists that he was not made aware of the findings by Schmid until April.

    Earlier reports put the total number of potentially manipulated cases lower at between 1,200 and 2,000 in total. In the meanwhile, Schmid has been reordered from the Bremen Bamf office back to her home state of Bavaria, a decision which she is attempting to appeal.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    中文亚洲AV片不卡在线观看| 99无码人妻一区二区三区免费| 4hu亚洲人成人无码网www电影首页| 中文字幕免费高清视频| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区AV| 亚洲Av综合色区无码专区桃色| 国产一区三区二区中文在线| 日无码在线观看| 久久久久久亚洲Av无码精品专口| 四虎影视无码永久免费| 最近2019中文字幕免费大全5| 五月天无码在线观看| YY111111少妇无码理论片| 亚洲AV无码专区电影在线观看| 一级中文字幕免费乱码专区 | 亚洲AV无码日韩AV无码导航| 久久中文字幕视频、最近更新 | 日韩精品人妻一区二区中文八零| 久久青青草原亚洲av无码app| 亚洲av永久无码精品秋霞电影影院| 日韩区欧美区中文字幕| 惠民福利中文字幕人妻无码乱精品 | 中文精品久久久久国产网址| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二区| www无码乱伦| 久久精品无码专区免费| 久久无码AV中文出轨人妻 | 久久人妻无码中文字幕| 中文无码一区二区不卡αv| 无码专区6080yy国产电影| 亚洲人成无码www久久久| 人妻无码中文字幕免费视频蜜桃| 国产精品久久久久无码av | 人妻无码人妻有码中文字幕| 中文字幕AV影片在线手机播放| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区人妖| 中文字幕无码不卡在线| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久综合网| 波多野结衣中文字幕在线| 五月天中文字幕mv在线女婷婷五月| 精品久久无码中文字幕|