Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    No Chinese victims in Cuba plane crash

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-05-20 08:15
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Rescuers work at the site where an airplane of Cuban airline "Cubana de Aviacion" crashed, in Havana, Cuba, on May 18, 2018. At least three people have been found alive, but in critical condition, after a Boeing 737 passenger plane crashed near Havana on Friday, according to state newspaper Granma. [Photo/Xinhua]

    Cuba confirms 110 dead in Friday's plane crash, 3 survivors in serious condition

    HAVANA - Cuba confirms on Saturday that 110 were dead from Friday's Boeing 737 crash close to Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.

    Transportation Minister Adel Yzquierdo told a press conference that of the 110 dead, 99 were Cubans, 11 foreigners including 6 Mexican crew members, 2 Argentines, 1 Mexican and 2 temporary foreign residents.

    Up to now, only 15 bodies have been identified, the minister said, adding officials were working intensively to identify the rest of the victims, whose remains were transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine in Havana.

    Yzquierdo said the three survivors of the tragic accident have been identified as Mailen Diaz, 19, Gretell Landrovell, 23, and Emiley Sanchez, 39.

    They are receiving specialized medical attention at the Calixto Garcia University Hospital in the capital, and their condition is critical.

    One of the plane's two black boxes has been recovered in good condition, specifically the one with the voice recordings, and investigators continue to sift through the rubble for the second one containing flight data, Yzquierdo said.

    Representatives of the aircraft's manufacturer are arriving to help in the investigations, as are international experts, to determine what caused the crash.

    The aircraft leased by Cubana airlines from the Mexican company Damojh, crashed a little past noon on Friday, minutes after taking off from Terminal 1 of Havana's Jose Marti International Airport.

    No Chinese victims in Cuba plane crash

    A source from the Chinese Embassy in Cuba told Xinhua that there were no Chinese nationals on board the ill-fated Boeing 737 which crashed Friday during taking off at the Jose Marti International Airport in Havana.

    The embassy said this after preliminary communication with the Cuban Foreign Ministry, said the source.

    A total of 111 people were on board the aircraft, including 104 passengers and an infant. There were also six crew members of Mexican nationality, according to Transport Minister Adel Yzquierdo.

    So far, only three women survived the crash, all still in serious condition.

    The Cuban government declared two days of mourning from 6:00 am (1000 GMT) on Saturday to Sunday midnight.

    The plane, rented by local company Cubana de Aviacion from the Mexican airline Damojh, crashed shortly after taking off from Havana's Jose Marti International Airport on Friday. The plane was a Boeing 737-201 built in 1979, according to a statement issued Friday by the Transport Ministry.

    In his statements to local television, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel announced that investigations to clarify the causes of the accident are still in progress.

    Two experts would fly to Cuba on Saturday to take part in the investigation, according to Mexican aviation authorities.

    Friday's crash was Cuba's third major accident since 2010.

    Last year, a Cuban military plane crashed into a hillside in the western province of Artemisa, killing eight soldiers on board.

    In November 2010, an AeroCaribbean flight from Santiago to Havana went down as it flew over central Cuba, killing 68 people, including 28 foreigners.

    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    日木av无码专区亚洲av毛片| 国产亚洲美日韩AV中文字幕无码成人| 中文字幕高清有码在线中字| 99久久国产热无码精品免费| 日本爆乳j罩杯无码视频| 精品人妻中文字幕有码在线| 国产日韩精品中文字无码| 国产aⅴ激情无码久久| 久久中文字幕一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕日本无线码| 东京热加勒比无码视频| 午夜福利无码不卡在线观看| 无码人妻久久一区二区三区蜜桃| 7777久久亚洲中文字幕| 自拍中文精品无码| 亚洲国产av无码精品| 无码人妻精品一区二区三18禁 | 无码av最新无码av专区| 国产在线无码精品电影网| а√在线中文网新版地址在线| 中文资源在线官网| 中文字幕精品无码一区二区| 人妻一区二区三区无码精品一区| 91精品久久久久久无码| gogo少妇无码肉肉视频| av无码久久久久不卡免费网站| 精品少妇人妻av无码久久| 精品无码久久久久久午夜| 少妇无码AV无码专区在线观看| 亚洲AV中文无码乱人伦下载| 亚洲AV无码1区2区久久| 无码一区二区三区| 精品久久久无码人妻中文字幕豆芽| 麻豆aⅴ精品无码一区二区| 人妻av无码一区二区三区| 无码精品久久久久久人妻中字| 人妻无码一区二区三区免费| 国产V亚洲V天堂无码久久久| 亚洲av无码成人精品国产| 一二三四社区在线中文视频| 欧美中文字幕在线|