Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / China-Africa

    China ready to offer expertise on Ebola

    China Daily | Updated: 2018-05-22 09:17
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Health workers check the temperature of passengers disembarking from a Congo Airways plane in Mbandaka, Democratic Republic of Congo, on Saturday. KENNY KATOMBE / REUTERS

    GENEVA - China is closely watching the outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo and stands ready to offer health professionals and experts if asked, a leading Chinese health official said on Sunday.

    Ma Xiaowei, head of China's National Health Commission, is leading the Chinese delegation to the World Health Assembly that kicked off in Geneva on Monday.

    At a news conference on Sunday, he said: "We are very much concerned about the development of the outbreak of Ebola in the DRC".

    Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for DRC'S Health Ministry said that health workers in country were scheduled to begin a vaccination campaign on Monday aimed at containing an outbreak of the deadly virus.

    Jessica Ilunga said 4,000 doses of vaccine were shipped on Saturday to Mbandaka, which last week registered the first cases in an urban area since the latest flare-up of the disease was announced earlier this month.

    According to official data released late on Saturday, there have been four cases of Ebola confirmed through testing in Mbandaka's Wangata neighborhood and another two suspected cases.

    One patient has died there, the figures showed.

    Medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres has established an isolation ward at a hospital in Wangata, where health personnel could be seen being sprayed with disinfectant before entering the facility on Sunday.

    "As you all know, in 2014, when the Ebola outbreak occurred in West Africa, the Chinese government and the people made a quick response and ... we sent experts and public health professional helping the West African countries to deal with the Ebola outbreak," said Ma.

    He said that in the same spirit China is watching the current Ebola outbreak in the DRC and "where necessary on request" the government will send experts or professionals to offer their help.

    The WHO's Emergency Committee of 11 experts said in a statement on Friday that the rapid and comprehensive response had eased the risk from the DRC Ebola outbreak.

    "Previous outbreaks have demonstrated the importance of a rapid and well-resourced response in order to save lives, but also prevent an exponential increase in the economic cost of a response," WHO spokesman Tarik Jasarevic said on Sunday.

    The WHO Emergency Committee said in its statement: "Global solidarity among the scientific community is critical and international data should be shared freely and regularly."

    Xinhua - Reuters

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    av无码一区二区三区| 中文字幕精品一区影音先锋 | 国产Av激情久久无码天堂| 色综合久久无码五十路人妻| 欧美乱人伦人妻中文字幕| 久久国产三级无码一区二区| 亚洲AV无码一区二区二三区软件| 亚洲天堂中文资源| 在线看福利中文影院| 精品无码国产自产拍在线观看蜜 | 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 国产仑乱无码内谢| 少妇精品无码一区二区三区| 成人午夜福利免费无码视频| 中文字幕在线看视频一区二区三区| 无码少妇一区二区浪潮av| 国产a级理论片无码老男人| 亚洲av无码精品网站| 亚洲色无码一区二区三区| 中文字幕无码不卡免费视频| 最近免费中文字幕mv在线电影| 中文字幕免费不卡二区| 亚洲精品无码激情AV| 人妻系列无码专区久久五月天 | 国产精品无码无卡在线播放| 国产av无码专区亚洲av果冻传媒 | 成人无码WWW免费视频| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区久久99| 最近的中文字幕大全免费8| 狠狠躁夜夜躁无码中文字幕| 日本aⅴ精品中文字幕| 色婷婷久久综合中文久久蜜桃av| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久精品1 | 免费在线中文日本| √天堂中文官网在线| 中文字幕夜色资源网站| 人妻精品久久久久中文字幕| 欧美日韩中文字幕在线观看| 无码任你躁久久久久久老妇App| 国产成人无码区免费网站| 无码午夜成人1000部免费视频 |