Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    US-Across America

    Patients contact USC about accused doctor

    By AI HEPING in New York | China Daily USA | Updated: 2018-05-24 02:01
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Geroge Tyndall, a former campus gynecologist who has been accused of decades of sexual misconduct at the student health center. [Photo/Agencies]

    About 300 patients have contacted the University of Southern California (USC) about George Tyndall, a former campus gynecologist who has been accused of decades of sexual misconduct at the student health center, the Los Angeles Times reported on Wednesday.

    The university is said to have begun to share the names of patients with the Los Angeles police department, but didn't disclose how many names were shared, according to the newspaper.

    Christopher Mo, a department public information officer, told China Daily on Wednesday that he is aware that USC has given the department information about former patients, but he said there is still no formal criminal investigation against Tyndall, who had worked at the health center for nearly 30 years.

    The USC Board of Trustees announced on Wednesday that it unanimously decided to form a special committee of the board to hire outside legal counsel to conduct an independent investigation into the alleged misconduct and reporting failures that occurred at the health center.

    "Outside counsel will report directly to the special committee, which will operate independently, but will report its findings to the full Board of Trustees,'' the school said.

    Complaints of Tyndall's alleged misconduct toward young female patients include improper photographing of genitals, improper touching during pelvic exams and making sexually suggestive comments. He had been the only full-time gynecologist at the health center before he agreed to retire in June 2017 with a separation agreement, including severance pay.

    Tyndall has told the Times that he had "done nothing wrong".

    There are 45,500 students enrolled in the 2017-18 academic year at the private school in Los Angeles, including around 5,400 from the Chinese mainland.

    Three Chinese former students who returned to China after graduation filed lawsuits on Tuesday against Tyndall, 71. Six other women sued USC on Monday in separate lawsuits alleging that the university had failed to address the complaints against Tyndall.

    The Associated Press reported on Wednesday that one student who filed a suit against Tyndall and USC alleges that during an exam in 2016 he made comments about her Filipina heritage, including telling her that "Filipinas are good in bed." The suit accuses him of not using gloves during an exam during which she said she felt uncomfortable. The suit accuses USC of negligence and Tyndall of sexual battery.

    According to the Times, some colleagues of Tyndall feared that the gynecologist was targeting the university's growing population of Chinese students in recent years. Those Chinese students often had a limited knowledge of the English language and American medical norms.

    In a letter to faculty and staff on Tuesday, USC Provost Michael Quick wrote: "Some ask about Dr Tyndall's targeting of Chinese (and other international) students. Although this was alleged, there is no evidence that any one group of students was affected more than others. We are carefully reviewing all complaints and have yet to find a pattern in who was affected.''

    The Chinese Students and Scholars Association, a major Chinese student organization at USC, issued a statement, calling on Chinese students to bravely speak up against any violations of their rights.

    More than 200 faculty members at the university have called for USC President Max Nikias to resign amid the scandal. Board of trustees Chairman John Mork released a statement on Tuesday saying its executive committee strongly supports Nikias.

    Complaints about Tyndall from USC students go back years, but the university didn't publicly acknowledge the history or reveal a report about Tyndall's alleged misconduct at the health center until after it was contacted by the Times last week.

    Xinhua and Liu Yinmeng in Los Angeles contributed to this story.

    Today's Top News

    Editor's picks

    Most Viewed

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲中文久久精品无码| 亚洲AV无码不卡在线观看下载| 老子影院午夜精品无码| 青娱乐在线国产中文字幕免費資訊| 国产乱妇无码大片在线观看| 13小箩利洗澡无码视频网站免费 | 亚洲情XO亚洲色XO无码| 在线观看免费中文视频| AAA级久久久精品无码区| 水蜜桃av无码一区二区| 中文国产成人精品久久亚洲精品AⅤ无码精品 | 日韩AV无码中文无码不卡电影| 国产亚洲人成无码网在线观看| 中文字幕乱偷无码AV先锋| 国产一区三区二区中文在线| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线r▽| 国产网红主播无码精品 | 色视频综合无码一区二区三区| 日韩av无码一区二区三区| 大桥久未无码吹潮在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕无码一去台湾| 久久精品?ⅴ无码中文字幕| A狠狠久久蜜臀婷色中文网| 无码超乳爆乳中文字幕久久 | 最近免费中文字幕大全高清大全1 最近免费中文字幕mv在线电影 | 中文字幕人妻无码一区二区三区| 精品人妻系列无码人妻免费视频 | 亚洲AV无码成H人在线观看| 亚洲av无码成人精品区| 亚洲天堂2017无码中文| 中文字幕专区高清在线观看| 亚洲AV无码乱码在线观看性色扶 | 久久精品中文字幕大胸| 亚洲一级Av无码毛片久久精品| 无码任你躁久久久久久老妇| 日本公妇在线观看中文版| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线咪咕| 人妻无码αv中文字幕久久| 中文字幕天天躁日日躁狠狠躁免费| 婷婷中文娱乐网开心| 亚洲欧洲中文日韩久久AV乱码|