Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    Strong storm approaches Florida

    China Daily | Updated: 2018-05-29 09:00
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Flooding is seen in Ellicott City, Maryland on Sunday. On the same day, the first named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, Subtropical Storm Alberto, has gained strength as it approached the northern Gulf Coast. [Photo/Agencies]

    Thousands evacuate as winds, rain gain strength

    ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Thousands of Florida residents have been evacuated homes as Subtropical Storm Alberto picked up strength on Sunday as it headed north through the Gulf of Mexico, with forecasters saying it could bring life-threatening inundation to southern coastal states.

    The storm was expected to make landfall along the Florida Panhandle on Monday, the US National Hurricane Center said.

    Alberto, the first named Atlantic storm of 2018, which spun up days before the formal June 1 start of the hurricane season, was packing maximum sustained winds near 105 km/h and was expected to drop as much as 30 centimeters of rain, slamming an area from Mississippi to western Georgia, the Miami-based hurricane center said.

    After that, it will bring powerful winds and heavy rains as it moves into the Tennessee Valley on Tuesday and Wednesday, the hurricane center said. The storm comes during the Memorial Day weekend and was expected to scramble transportation on Monday as many people return from holiday travel.

    Isolated tornadoes were possible across the central and northern Florida Peninsula on Sunday night, according to the hurricane center, while Alberto was also forecast to bring storm swells of about 60-120 cm to low-lying areas that were "likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions".

    There were a number of deadly hurricanes in the United States and Caribbean last year that walloped places including Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico, causing hundreds of billions of dollars in damage, massive power outages and devastation to hundreds of thousands of structures.

    Franklin County, in the Florida Panhandle, has issued a mandatory evacuation for its barrier islands in the Gulf of Mexico affecting some 4,200 housing units, while Taylor County, to the east, has a voluntary evacuation order in place for its coastal areas.

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲av无码国产精品色在线看不卡| 中文字幕日韩精品有码视频| 最好看的电影2019中文字幕 | 亚洲乱码中文字幕久久孕妇黑人| 一本色道久久HEZYO无码| 亚洲无av在线中文字幕| 成人无码小视频在线观看| 亚洲午夜福利AV一区二区无码| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线r▽| 久久久久亚洲AV片无码下载蜜桃| 人妻无码人妻有码中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕无码爆乳AV | 亚洲AV无码乱码精品国产| 亚洲av无码精品网站| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区| 一本久中文视频播放| 久别的草原在线影院电影观看中文 | 少妇无码?V无码专区在线观看| 午夜福利av无码一区二区| AV无码久久久久不卡蜜桃| 亚洲日韩在线中文字幕综合| 人妻少妇精品视中文字幕国语| 精品久久久无码人妻中文字幕| 极品粉嫩嫩模大尺度无码视频 | 少妇无码AV无码专区在线观看| 狠狠躁天天躁中文字幕无码| 亚洲福利中文字幕在线网址| 精品人妻中文字幕有码在线 | 中文字幕一二三区| 暖暖免费在线中文日本| 欧美激情中文字幕综合一区| 亚洲欧美中文日韩在线v日本| 久久中文骚妇内射| 亚洲欧美日韩中文字幕在线不卡 | 午夜视频在线观看www中文| 中文字幕在线视频播放| 国产高清中文欧美| 一二三四在线播放免费观看中文版视频| 最近中文字幕免费mv在线视频 | 成人无码AV一区二区| 亚洲国产精品无码久久98|