Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Asia-Pacific

    White House says Trump 'open' to Putin meeting

    By REN QI | China Daily | Updated: 2018-07-30 07:58
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    US President Donald Trump receives a soccer ball from Russian President Vladimir Putin after their meeting in Helsinki, Finland, on July 16, 2018. [Photo/Agencies]

    Russian President Vladimir Putin confirmed on Friday that he has invited his US counterpart Donald Trump to Moscow for a second face-to-face meeting and that he was ready to come to Washington.

    During the BRICS economic summit in Johannesburg, South Africa, Putin said he and Trump had discussed at their meeting last week in Helsinki topics that "concern very many countries around the world and, including, all of Europe", and buttered up his US counterpart with flattery.

    "We are ready to invite President Trump to Moscow. He has, by the way, such an invitation, I told him about it," Putin said.

    Putin emphasized that the Russian side is ready for further negotiations with the US at the highest levels.

    "And I'm ready to come to Washington if appropriate conditions for work are created," he said.

    "The big plus of president Trump is that he strives to fulfill the promises, above all, given to voters," Putin added.

    White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded on the same day that the president is open to Putin's request and anticipates the Russian president visiting Washington early next year.

    "President Trump looks forward to having President Putin to Washington after the first of the year, and he is open to visiting Moscow upon receiving a formal invitation," Sanders said.

    'Witch hunt'

    On Wednesday, Trump's national security adviser, John Bolton, said that a Washington-based meeting between Trump and Putin would be put off until 2019 because of special counsel Robert Mueller's "witch hunt".

    "The president believes that the next bilateral meeting with President Putin should take place after the Russia witch hunt is over, so we've agreed that it will be after the first of the year," Bolton said in a statement that was notable for the senior adviser's use of the term "witch hunt" when discussing diplomatic matters.

    Putin's remarks come just one week after Trump and Putin met for a summit in Helsinki, Finland, but contradict comments made from top aides to each leader after the session that indicated a second forum was not in the works any time soon.

    Alina Polyakova, a Russia expert at the Brookings Institution, said hosting Trump in Moscow gives Putin the home court advantage.

    "In Washington, Trump would be surrounded by more aides, media, and the entire policy audience. In Moscow, media can be controlled. ... Putin would have the upper hand as the host," she said.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    中文字幕国产| 国产精品ⅴ无码大片在线看| 久久人妻少妇嫩草AV无码蜜桃| 久久无码人妻一区二区三区午夜| 未满十八18禁止免费无码网站| 人妻aⅴ无码一区二区三区| 日韩电影免费在线观看中文字幕 | 日韩精品人妻系列无码专区免费| 亚洲日本中文字幕| 亚洲人成人无码网www国产| 亚洲一区二区中文| 婷婷五月六月激情综合色中文字幕| 国产精品中文字幕在线观看| 久久影院午夜理论片无码| 无码毛片视频一区二区本码| 国模无码人体一区二区| 人妻少妇精品无码专区二区| 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷午夜色无码| 国产高清无码视频| 中文字幕日韩欧美一区二区三区| 亚洲AV日韩AV高潮无码专区| 一本大道久久东京热无码AV| 久久精品无码一区二区三区| 无码日韩人妻精品久久蜜桃 | 国产成人亚洲综合无码| 日本乱人伦中文字幕网站| 乱色精品无码一区二区国产盗| 伊人久久综合精品无码AV专区| 无码人妻一区二区三区精品视频| 人妻丰满熟妇AV无码区HD| 日韩精品中文字幕第2页| 播放亚洲男人永久无码天堂| 精品无码人妻一区二区三区不卡 | 久久精品?ⅴ无码中文字幕| 国产精品无码A∨精品影院| 人妻中文字幕无码专区| 无码人妻精品中文字幕免费 | 人妻av无码一区二区三区| 久久久久无码精品国产| 国产午夜片无码区在线播放| 成人无码区免费A∨直播|