Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    US-Top News

    Facebook discovers coordinated disinformation operation on its platform

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-08-01 23:02
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    SAN FRANCISCO -- Facebook announced Tuesday that its security unit has found a coordinated campaign on its platform aiming to exerting political influence ahead of the upcoming US mid-term elections in the next few months.

    The world's largest social media network said it has removed 32 Pages and accounts from Facebook and Instagram for being "involved in coordinated inauthentic behavior."

    Facebook said this kind of behavior is banned on the platform because it does not want "people or organizations creating networks of accounts to mislead others about who they are, or what they're doing."

    "About two weeks ago we identified the first of eight Pages and 17 profiles on Facebook, as well as seven Instagram accounts, that violate our ban on coordinated inauthentic behavior," said Nathaniel Gleicher, head of cybersecurity policy at Facebook.

    Facebook said it does not know who were behind these accounts, but it believes that well-funded adversaries will never give up using the platform to spread false information out of specific political purposes.

    The social media giant had accused last year the Russian-based Internet Research Agency (IRA) of setting up bogus accounts to interfere in the U.S. presidential elections in 2016.

    Facebook said it found more than 290,000 accounts followed at least one of these Pages, the earliest of which was created in March 2017. The latest was created in May 2018.

    "They ran about 150 ads for approximately $11,000 on Facebook and Instagram, paid for in US and Canadian dollars," it said.

    Facebook determined that those pages have created about 30 events since May 2017, and the largest had approximately 4,700 accounts interested in attending, and 1,400 users said that they would attend.

    It said the "bad actors" were trying hard to hide themselves and cover their tracks by using VPNs, Internet phone services and third parties to run ads on their behalf, to avoid Facebook's efforts to prevent abuse or clean online environment.

    Facebook admits that it is still in the very early stage of its investigations, but it vows to continue the probe and cooperate with outside experts and law enforcement authorities to remove such online threat.

    Today's Top News

    Editor's picks

    Most Viewed

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    午夜不卡久久精品无码免费| 亚洲免费无码在线| 无码人妻AⅤ一区二区三区水密桃| 国产精品综合专区中文字幕免费播放 | 老子影院午夜精品无码| 最近中文字幕免费mv在线视频| 精品人妻少妇嫩草AV无码专区 | 精品人妻无码专区中文字幕| 国产精品无码免费播放| 亚洲av无码一区二区乱子伦as | 亚洲精品欧美二区三区中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码AV男人的天堂不卡 | 最近中文字幕大全免费版在线| 手机永久无码国产AV毛片| 中文人妻无码一区二区三区| 最近中文字幕视频在线资源| 中文字幕精品一区二区精品| 日韩精品无码免费视频| 国产V片在线播放免费无码 | 国产成人精品无码片区在线观看 | 无码H肉动漫在线观看| 无码国产精品一区二区免费 | 最近中文字幕大全中文字幕免费| 中日精品无码一本二本三本| 久久99久久无码毛片一区二区| 熟妇人妻无码中文字幕 | 无码日韩精品一区二区人妻| 国产精品无码久久综合网| 国产高清无码视频| 国模吧无码一区二区三区| 东京热加勒比无码视频| 久久av高潮av无码av喷吹| 久久亚洲AV无码西西人体| 天堂无码在线观看| 中中文字幕亚洲无线码| 精品久久亚洲中文无码| 婷婷中文娱乐网开心| 精品人妻无码专区中文字幕| 四虎影视无码永久免费| 一本加勒比HEZYO无码人妻| 无码国内精品久久人妻蜜桃|