Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    Missing girl safe with her parents

    By DONG LESHUO in Washington | China Daily | Updated: 2018-08-06 03:24
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    A 12-year-old Chinese girl who was thought to have been abducted from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Thursday was found safe and sound with her parents in Queens, New York, on Friday afternoon, according to the Metro Washington Airport Authority.

    "We are grateful that Jinjing is safe and with family. Our goal was to locate her to ensure she was safe and unharmed, and we accomplished that goal," David Huchler, police chief for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, said in a statement.

    Jinjing Ma, traveling with a student tour group from China, was supposed to head from Washington to San Francisco and then return to China on Thursday, police said.

    At the airport, she separated from the group, saying she needed to use the bathroom, and left the airport with an Asian woman who police believed to be an abductor.

    Ma seemed to walk voluntarily with the woman, who appeared on airport surveillance footage with an Asian man earlier. The man left the airport driving a white Infinity, with Jinjing thought to be inside.

    Authorities issued a missing child alert, asking the public to report any sightings of the girl.

    Less than 48 hours later, the airport authority said she had been "located Friday in the New York City borough of Queens, safe and in the custody of her parents".

    The Chinese embassy in Washington confirmed that report.

    The FBI, which is investigating, didn't respond to China Daily's question of whether the man and woman at the airport were Jinjing's parents.

    The parents are represented by Anna Demidchik, of Demidchik Law Firm in New York, who said they hadn't seen their daughter for two years and did pick her up her at the airport.

    "We are really happy now," Jinjing's father told the media.

    Demidchik said Jinjing's parents are legal residents of New York. She said she wasn't authorized to disclose why Jinjing left the group after being given her passport to check in for the San Francisco flight. "It's a misunderstanding," she said.

    Jinjing, who had been in the care of her grandparents in China, will stay with her parents in New York while cooperating with the FBI investigation, Demidchik said.

    On Thursday, a witness from Jinjing's tour group told the police that the girl was approached by an Asian couple at the World Trade Center when the group was sightseeing earlier in New York.

    "We believe the contact up in New York is connected with the contact" in Washington, said Huchler on Friday.

    Demidchik declined to comment on whether Jinjing's parents had met her in New York.

    Ying Wang and Reuters contributed to the story.

    Contact the writer at dongleshuo@chinadailyusa.com

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    中文字幕在线资源| 忘忧草在线社区WWW中国中文 | 中文字幕亚洲无线码| 免费无码又爽又黄又刺激网站| 亚洲精品无码国产| 曰韩中文字幕在线中文字幕三级有码| 无码av免费一区二区三区试看| 国产网红主播无码精品| 熟妇人妻不卡中文字幕| 无码8090精品久久一区| HEYZO无码综合国产精品| 无码中文字幕乱在线观看| 亚洲美日韩Av中文字幕无码久久久妻妇| 麻豆国产原创中文AV网站| 久久人妻少妇嫩草AV无码蜜桃| 亚洲AV无码一区二区三区系列 | 久久无码国产专区精品| 久久久久成人精品无码中文字幕| 爽到高潮无码视频在线观看| 精品无码人妻一区二区三区| 亚洲av日韩av无码黑人| 亚洲一区AV无码少妇电影☆| 精品亚洲成A人无码成A在线观看| 国产资源网中文最新版| 日本精品久久久久中文字幕8| 久热中文字幕无码视频| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕| 亚洲熟妇中文字幕五十中出| 亚洲一级特黄大片无码毛片| 亚洲无码视频在线| 中文字幕日韩精品无码内射| 亚洲欧美日韩中文在线制服| 久久超乳爆乳中文字幕| 最近中文国语字幕在线播放视频 | 亚洲中文字幕成人在线| 中文字幕精品无码久久久久久3D日动漫 | 最近的2019免费中文字幕| 无码不卡av东京热毛片| 久久无码AV一区二区三区| 无码人妻久久一区二区三区免费| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕 |