Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    Far-right rally looms small, booed by crowded counterprotesters outside White House

    Xinhua | Updated: 2018-08-13 06:03
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    WASHINGTON - It had been expected up to about 400 white supremacists to gather outside the White House on Sunday. However, by 4:00 pm local time, only dozens of them emerged and marched through Washington D.C. , accompanied by huge boos from crowded counterprotesters separated by heavy police presence.

    "Go home, Nazis", "Shame", counterprotesters yelled at the far-right demonstrators, some of them hiding their faces with masks, bags or flags.

    In order to keep the far-right group and people who protest them separate, the police blocked traffic and installed black metal fencing in Lafayette Square outside the White House. An entire section of Pennsylvania Ave. adjacent to the White House was also sealed off.

    In sharp comparison with the small group of far-right demonstrators showing up, thousands of counter-protesters have gathered peacefully in several locations in central Washington since early afternoon on Sunday, the first anniversary of deadly riots in Charlottesville, Virginia.

    Organizers of the the far right rally, officially named United the Right 2, claim their purpose was to advocate "White civil rights," but were slammed as promoting racism and xenophobia.

    Debbie Wagner, an anti protester from Maryland, told Xinhua that she was shocked by the tragedy at Charlottesville last year.

    "White Supremacism is a terrible thing, I hope America can continue to be a place of diversity," she said.

    Last summer's "Unite the Right" rally in historic Charlottesville, held on Aug. 12 to protest US cities taking down Confederate statues, attracted national attention when white supremacists, fascists and neo-Nazis violently clashed with counter-protesters.

    A 32-year-old woman was killed and 19 others were injured when a white supremacist from Ohio drove a car into the crowd of counter-protesters at the time.

    This year, the far right rally held by the same organizers is set to begin in Lafayette Park at 5:30 pm and last for about two hours.

    US President Donald Trump, who drew a firestorm of criticism in the wake of the riots last year when he said "both sides" were to blame for the violence, is not in the capital this weekend.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲AV无码久久精品成人 | 波多野结衣在线中文| 无码午夜人妻一区二区三区不卡视频 | 欧美日韩中文字幕2020| 国产成人精品无码播放| 免费看无码特级毛片| 99高清中文字幕在线| 亚洲?V无码成人精品区日韩 | 无码中文人妻在线一区二区三区| 最新版天堂中文在线| 在线看福利中文影院| 免费无码又爽又黄又刺激网站| 亚洲Av无码精品色午夜| 久久无码AV中文出轨人妻| 国产精品亚洲w码日韩中文| 日韩欧美群交P片內射中文| 无码人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 蜜芽亚洲av无码精品色午夜| 日韩AV高清无码| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区蜜桃 | 亚洲精品无码永久中文字幕| 无码人妻一区二区三区免费视频| 久久久久亚洲精品无码蜜桃| 国产品无码一区二区三区在线| 日韩中文字幕在线不卡| 最近最新中文字幕完整版| 最近免费中文字幕大全免费| 最近中文字幕在线| 色婷婷综合久久久久中文字幕| 日本在线中文字幕第一视频| 我的小后妈中文翻译| 欧美成人中文字幕在线看| 一本一道色欲综合网中文字幕| 久久久中文字幕日本| 中文字幕精品久久久久人妻| 区三区激情福利综合中文字幕在线一区| 最近免费最新高清中文字幕韩国| 精品久久久久久中文字幕人妻最新| 人妻丰满av无码中文字幕| 欧美日韩不卡一区二区三区中文字| 亚洲国产中文v高清在线观看|