Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / National affairs

    Ministry cleans up car wash scam

    By Li Lei | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2018-09-10 14:40
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    [Photo/VCG]

    The Ministry of Ecology and Environment has criticized a city in Shaanxi province where local government departments forced freight trucks to pay for washing services in the name of removing road dust and combating air pollution, saying the practice smeared the country’s ongoing pollution reduction efforts.

    The response followed the demolition of three truck wash sites in Binzhou, Shaanxi, on Aug 26, which had been charging trucks entering the city’s urban areas for compulsory washes since March last year. The charges ranged from 10 to 20 yuan ($1.46 to $2.90) depending on the vehicle’s size.

    Many truck drivers had complained that the service was perfunctory, with the entire process taking just a few seconds, Xinhua News Agency reported. The sites were closed in April after Xi’an TV, a broadcaster in the capital of Shaanxi, exposed the scandal, but they had resumed operations by July.

    Investigations showed that local authorities had adopted a “one-size-fits-all” approach by imposing truck washes on all vehicles, regardless of whether the operation was necessary or could damage goods that were not waterproof.

    “Some local governments carry out illegal activities under the name of environmental protection, which in fact has nothing to do with the job,” Liu Youbin, a spokesman for the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, told a news conference. “The car wash sites do not aim to reduce pollution, but to charge fees.”

    A statement posted earlier on the ministry’s website said abuse of power under the guise of environmental protection should be strictly prohibited, along with the one-size-fits-all working style that could disrupt people’s lives. Inspections conducted by the central government will target such acts and hold violators accountable, it added.

    As antipollution efforts have intensified in recent years, some local governments have opted to shut down all industrial activities in order to pass inspections, especially in sectors such as construction and quarrying.

    In May, the ministry released a guideline urging local authorities to avoid the one-size-fits-all approach and minimize the impact on people’s lives. The approach has been listed as an example of formalism and bureaucracy, and officials insisting on it will be held accountable, it said.

    The guideline called for antipollution measures to be tailored to match local conditions.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    亚洲VA中文字幕无码毛片| 久久精品aⅴ无码中文字字幕重口| A∨变态另类天堂无码专区| 7国产欧美日韩综合天堂中文久久久久| 日韩中文字幕在线| 无码精品人妻一区| 亚洲A∨无码一区二区三区| 最近中文字幕2019高清免费| 一本大道无码日韩精品影视| 国产在线无码一区二区三区视频| 最近中文字幕高清字幕在线视频 | 中文字幕专区高清在线观看| 亚洲AV无码专区国产乱码电影| 亚洲欧美精品一区久久中文字幕| AV色欲无码人妻中文字幕| av无码专区| 97久久精品无码一区二区| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区久久| 中文字幕国产| 国产成人无码免费看视频软件 | 亚洲熟妇中文字幕五十中出| 无码av免费一区二区三区试看| 亚洲AV无码一区二区二三区入口| 最近的2019免费中文字幕| 亚洲福利中文字幕在线网址| 狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕图| 亚洲午夜无码片在线观看影院猛| 国产精品亚洲αv天堂无码| 91精品日韩人妻无码久久不卡| 国产亚洲精品无码成人| 国产亚洲精久久久久久无码| 熟妇人妻无码中文字幕| 精品无码人妻夜人多侵犯18| 无码精品国产VA在线观看| 久久久无码人妻精品无码| 国产在线无码视频一区二区三区| 久久精品中文字幕无码绿巨人| 国产成人无码综合亚洲日韩| 欧日韩国产无码专区| 亚洲不卡中文字幕无码| 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕|