Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    Investigative website 'reveals identity' of second Salisbury suspect

    By Earle Gale in London | China Daily UK | Updated: 2018-10-09 23:02
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Police officers guard the cordoned off area around the home of former Russian intelligence officer Sergei Skripal in Salisbury, Britain, April 3, 2018. [Photo/Agencies]

    The United Kingdom-based investigative website Bellingcat has named a second man it says participated in the alleged attempted assassination of a former Russian double-agent in the small British city of Salisbury in March.

    The website said the man photographed along with another man on security cameras at the time of the incident is a 39-year-old military doctor named Alexander Mishkin who works for the Russian military intelligence agency, the GRU.

    Russian has consistently denied any involvement in the poisonings of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia with the nerve agent Novichok.

    Bellingcat said the man was identified after "multiple sources familiar with Mishkin, both in St. Petersburg and in his native Loyga" identified him.

    The two men involved have said publicly they were tourists who had flown to London for fun and visited Salisbury to see its cathedral, and they both appeared on Russian TV to deny any link to the Salisbury poisonings.

    A spokesman for the UK's Home Office told the BBC the department would not comment because it was a police matter. And the Metropolitan Police Service, which is handling the investigation, also refused to comment on the latest claim and an earlier allegation from Bellingcat that the other man in the photographs is a GRU colonel called Anatoliy Chepiga. The Met said European arrest warrants and Interpol red notices against the men remain in place.

    CNN said Russia's Foreign Ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said the website's claims were "bogus".

    The latest allegation follows claims last Thursday that four GRU officers had tried to hack into communications systems belonging to the Netherlands-based Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, which is investigating the Salisbury poisoning.

    The BBC said Russia President Vladimir Putin had become dissatisfied with the GRU's work and predicted a purge could take place. But at an energy forum in Moscow last week, Putin dismissed the furor and criticized Skripal.

    "He's just a spy. A traitor to the motherland," Putin said. "There's such a thing as a traitor to the motherland. He's one of them. He's just a scumbag, that's all."

    Skripal, who sold Russian secrets to Britain, was convicted of being a double agent and subsequently relocated to the UK after a prisoner exchange.The Kremlin says the UK has fabricated the assassination story that has led to both the UK and Russia expelling diplomats and introducing economic sanctions.

    Bob Seely, a Conservative Party member of the UK's foreign affairs committee, said he was dismayed that a doctor may have been involved in an alleged assassination attempt, and the apparently accidental death of Dawn Sturgess several months later, after she handled the discarded applicator used to spray the Skripals' front door with Novichok.

    The website of the Russian international television network RT, which was formerly known as Russia Today, said Bellingcat is connected to projects financed by NATO and is "known mostly for compiling various open-source data to support various accusations against Russia".

    RT said Russian presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: "From the start, the Russian side appealed to the UK with a request to provide information on the nature and circumstances of that case, and any other details. No information has been provided through official channels. We cannot use information that comes from the media and we don't want to do so. Moreover, we will not engage in any explanations or comments on the topics that are thrown into the media."

    RT said the Russian embassy in the UK had also dismissed the allegations.

    "There have already been reports that the Home Office and Metropolitan Police would not comment on these 'speculations'," RT quoted the embassy as saying. "This is exactly the case when we should follow the example of our British colleagues."

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    丰满熟妇乱又伦在线无码视频| 日本免费中文字幕| 中文字幕乱人伦| 日韩精品无码免费视频| 亚洲精品午夜无码电影网| 中文有码vs无码人妻| 国产日产欧洲无码视频无遮挡| 国产丰满乱子伦无码专区| 国产成人三级经典中文| 日韩精品无码人妻一区二区三区| 亚洲av无码成h人动漫无遮挡 | 丰满岳乱妇在线观看中字无码 | 中文字幕无码av激情不卡久久| 中文字幕精品无码一区二区 | 久久国产精品无码HDAV| 免费看又黄又无码的网站| 狠狠精品久久久无码中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕伊人久久无码| 成人午夜福利免费无码视频| 免费A级毛片无码专区| 无码AV中文字幕久久专区| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线咪咕 | 最新国产精品无码| 无码精品A∨在线观看免费| 最近中文字幕完整版免费高清| 天堂а√在线中文在线| 久久精品aⅴ无码中文字字幕重口 久久精品天天中文字幕人妻 | 免费A级毛片av无码| 无码国产色欲XXXX视频| 亚洲成a人片在线观看无码专区| 精品亚洲成A人无码成A在线观看 | 久久久无码精品亚洲日韩蜜臀浪潮| 久久有码中文字幕| 国产欧美日韩中文字幕| 亚洲日韩欧美国产中文| 人妻无码精品久久亚瑟影视| 国产激情无码一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码一区东京热久久 | 亚洲Av无码乱码在线播放| 性无码专区一色吊丝中文字幕| 亚洲AV永久无码天堂影院|