Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Europe

    British minister calls for cellphones ban in schools

    Xinhua | Updated: 2019-02-03 00:42
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    LONDON, Feb. 2 -- Britain's schools minister Nick Gibb called on Saturday for a cellphone ban in schools to help students concentrate on learning.

    In an interview with the London-based Times newspaper, Gibb said evidence of the negative effect of phone use on children's development and mental health is mounting.

    The minister expressed concern that too many children are using mobile phones at night and arriving at school the next day tired.

    "I believe very strongly that children should be limiting their own use at home. Every hour spent online and on a smartphone is an hour less talking to family, and it's an hour less exercise and it's an hour less sleep. And of course it is a lack of sleep that research is showing can have a damaging effect on a child's mental health," Gibb told The Times.

    He also said the government is to introduce lessons for students on how to limit their screen time.

    Guidance being drawn up by the Department for Education (DfE) will require students to be taught about the dangers of excessive use, said the minister.

    He said head teachers should set the tone by banning use of the devices in schools.

    "Schools obviously are free to set their own behavior policies but my own view is that schools should ban mobile (cellphone) telephones and smartphones inside school, and particularly inside classrooms," he added.

    The report said some schools have already banned the use of cellphones outright and others have restricted their use in lessons or during playtime.

    It cites a study by the London School of Economics (LSE) which found that banning phones in schools resulted in test scores rising by more than 6 percent.

    However, the National Association National Association of Head Teachers warned that a ban on phones would "cause more problems than it solves".

    A spokeswoman for the association warned it could "drive phone use underground, making problems less visible and obvious for schools to tackle".

    The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health said last month that children should not look at screens within an hour of going to bed, and recommended that parents set a good example.

    A separate study of data from 11,000 children found that teenagers who spent long hours on social media were twice as likely to show symptoms of depression, with girls being affected more.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲AV区无码字幕中文色| 国产激情无码一区二区三区| 国产精品无码一区二区三级| 国产中文字幕在线观看| 国产成人无码A区在线观看视频| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区| 中文字幕av无码一区二区三区电影 | 亚洲国产精彩中文乱码AV| 久久久久亚洲AV无码网站| 亚洲AV无码无限在线观看不卡| 中文字幕乱妇无码AV在线| 午夜无码国产理论在线| 亚洲av日韩av高潮潮喷无码| 无码av高潮喷水无码专区线| 最近免费中文字幕大全免费| 欧美日韩中文国产一区发布| 无码国模国产在线无码精品国产自在久国产 | 日韩精品一区二区三区中文 | 麻豆国产原创中文AV网站| 911国产免费无码专区| 色欲狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕 | 国产成人AV一区二区三区无码 | 无码人妻AV免费一区二区三区| 精品久久久无码人妻中文字幕| 最近中文字幕完整版免费高清| 91在线中文字幕| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 日本公妇在线观看中文版| 亚洲成A人片在线观看无码3D| 精品久久久无码中文字幕天天| 国产精品ⅴ无码大片在线看| 日韩精品久久无码人妻中文字幕| 无码人妻久久一区二区三区 | 无码乱人伦一区二区亚洲| 亚洲AV无码久久精品狠狠爱浪潮| 亚洲中文字幕不卡无码| 亚洲AV综合色区无码一区爱AV| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区免费看 | 国产精品无码久久久久| av无码久久久久不卡免费网站| 国产福利电影一区二区三区久久老子无码午夜伦不 |