Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Middle East

    Flood-hit Iran getting no financial aid from abroad due to US sanctions

    Updated: 2019-04-07 23:12
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    An aerial view showing trees in the middle of flood in Khuzestan province, Iran, April 5, 2019. [Photo/Agencies]

    GENEVA - US sanctions have prevented the Iranian Red Crescent from obtaining any foreign financial aid to assist victims of flooding that has killed at least 70 people and inundated some 1,900 communities, the group said on Sunday.

    US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last week that Washington was ready to help via the Red Cross and Red Crescent, but accused Iran's clerical establishment of "mismanagement in urban planning and in emergency preparedness".

    "No foreign cash help has been given to the Iranian Red Crescent society. With attention to the inhuman American sanctions, there is no way to send this cash assistance," the Red Crescent said in a statement.

    It said the group had received some non-financial help from abroad which had been distributed to flood victims.

    Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said last week that US sanctions - reimposed after Washington quit a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers - were impeding aid efforts to flood-stricken towns and villages.

    "Blocked equipment includes relief choppers: This isn't just economic warfare; it's economic TERRORISM," he said on Twitter.

    The flood disaster, arising from exceptionally heavy rainfall since March 19, has left aid agencies struggling to cope and seen 86,000 people moved to emergency shelters.

    The government has told citizens, and especially flood-affected farmers, that all losses will be compensated.

    Iran's state budget is already stretched under US sanctions on energy and banking sectors that have halved its oil exports and restricted access to some revenues abroad.

    Iran acted on Saturday to evacuate more towns and villages threatened by floods after continued rain in the southwest.

    Reuters

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    亚洲人成中文字幕在线观看| 永久免费av无码入口国语片| 亚洲av永久无码精品网站| 久久人妻AV中文字幕| 国产午夜无码精品免费看动漫 | 精品无码一级毛片免费视频观看| 最近免费中文字幕mv电影| 日韩视频无码日韩视频又2021| 亚洲AV无码国产精品色午友在线| 最近免费视频中文字幕大全| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 国产在线拍偷自揄拍无码| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区天堂| 天堂Aⅴ无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲精品中文字幕无码蜜桃| 国产成人无码A区在线观看视频 | 无码 免费 国产在线观看91| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区在线 | 日本爆乳j罩杯无码视频| 中文字幕在线视频播放| 日韩中文在线视频| 熟妇人妻VA精品中文字幕| 日韩成人无码中文字幕| 影院无码人妻精品一区二区| 97碰碰碰人妻视频无码| 国产日韩AV免费无码一区二区三区| 日韩AV片无码一区二区不卡电影| 色综合久久无码中文字幕| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区66| 亚洲va无码va在线va天堂| 亚洲国产精品无码一线岛国| 亚洲国产精品无码久久久不卡| 亚洲一区精品无码| 熟妇人妻无码中文字幕| 日韩丰满少妇无码内射| 精品国产一区二区三区无码| AV无码久久久久不卡网站下载| 免费无码AV一区二区| 国产亚洲中文日本不卡二区| 久久综合中文字幕| 日日日日做夜夜夜夜无码|