Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Motoring

    Crisis-ridden Nissan shakes up board, keeps boss

    Updated: 2019-05-20 11:01
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    A Nissan Motor employee makes a final inspection of a Leaf electric vehicle on the production line of the company's Oppama plant in Yokosuka, Japan. [Photo/Agencies]

    TOKYO - Japanese car giant Nissan shook up its executive board Friday, adding a top director from partner Renault as it battles fallout from the Carlos Ghosn saga and disappointing results.

    The company will propose to shareholders a new board structure with 11 members, six of whom will be external, as Nissan attempts to improve corporate governance in the wake of former chairman Ghosn's arrest for alleged financial misconduct.

    "With the lessons from the recent executive misconduct still fresh, Nissan resolves to rigorously pursue separation of supervisory and executive functions," the company said.

    Renault chief executive Thierry Bollore will join his colleague from the French firm, chairman Jean-Dominique Senard on the board, as the two partner firms are at odds on how close their ties should be.

    The appointment appears intended to calm tensions between the firms.

    A source close to the matter said Bollore's appointment was a major concession from Nissan towards Renault "given that Nissan's management has very little confidence" in the French executive.

    Bollore stood by Ghosn for a long time after his arrest, sparking anger at Nissan, whose internal investigation brought down its former boss. Another source said Senard "had pushed for this appointment but the Japanese refused at the beginning." Senard has been sitting on the Nissan board since he was elected to replace Ghosn at a shareholders' meeting in April. "For Renault, it's about having someone on the board, next to Senard, who knows the story, a heavyweight who will share Senard's views," said the second source.

    Nissan boss Hiroto Saikawa will keep his job despite mounting pressure on him to step down after a set of disastrous results, with net profits expected to plunge to a decadelow in the coming year.

    Several shareholders have called for Saikawa to be sacked before his term comes up for renewal in June, but the former Ghosn protégé has insisted he wants to stay on and guide the reforms he hopes will return Nissan to profitability.

    Keiko Ihara, a former racing driver who headed a group to suggest reforms to Nissan governance after the Ghosn arrest, admitted there had been "inappropriate conduct" and that "the top management should be held responsible."

    But in the end, it was a unanimous decision to keep Saikawa in his job, Ihara said.

    The firm has been crippled by the reputational damage caused by the legal woes of former chairman Ghosn, who faces four formal charges of financial misconduct. He denies any wrongdoing.

    But analysts point to several problems for Nissan beyond Ghosn, including apparently declining relations with its French partner Renault and a dearth of new products.

    "At this time of radical transformation in the automotive industry, Nissan urgently needs to establish a highly effective governance structure to enhance business capabilities and achieve sustainable corporate value," the company said in its statement.

    Saikawa has brushed off calls for his resignation, saying he wanted to launch a fresh start for the firm and would discuss the timing of his stepping down "at the appropriate time".

    Nissan, Renault and Mitsubishi Motors make up an unusual three-way alliance that has grown to become the top-selling car group.

    Ghosn was the driving force between bringing the firms together and has since alleged that Nissan launched an investigation into him over fears he was hoping to merge the Japanese and French companies.

    Saikawa has admitted "differences of opinion" with Senard on the future make-up of the alliance, including the capital partnership between the two companies.

    Renault is pushing toward a merger of the two firms but Nissan executives are more skeptical.

                                                                                                                AFP

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    亚洲日韩精品A∨片无码| 日韩欧国产精品一区综合无码| 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式| 久本草在线中文字幕亚洲欧美| 亚洲V无码一区二区三区四区观看 亚洲爆乳精品无码一区二区三区 亚洲爆乳无码一区二区三区 | 国产成人精品无码播放| 我的小后妈中文翻译| 久久精品中文无码资源站| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮视频| 精品日韩亚洲AV无码一区二区三区| 久久久无码一区二区三区| 区三区激情福利综合中文字幕在线一区| 国产精品无码专区在线观看 | 亚洲av无码片vr一区二区三区| 最近免费2019中文字幕大全| 亚洲av无码成人精品区| 韩国免费a级作爱片无码| 亚洲国产精品无码久久久蜜芽| 亚洲美日韩Av中文字幕无码久久久妻妇 | 6080YYY午夜理论片中无码| 亚洲韩国精品无码一区二区三区| 中文字幕手机在线视频| 国产亚洲中文日本不卡二区| 久久精品无码一区二区三区免费 | 国产激情无码一区二区三区| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区66| 无码丰满熟妇juliaann与黑人 | 精品久久久久久无码免费| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区漫画| 高清无码午夜福利在线观看| 亚洲日韩AV一区二区三区中文| 最近中文字幕免费完整| 波多野结衣中文字幕在线| 久久精品亚洲中文字幕无码麻豆| 久久久噜噜噜久久中文字幕色伊伊| 亚洲一级特黄无码片| 亚洲人成无码网站久久99热国产| 亚洲?V无码成人精品区日韩 | 日韩电影免费在线观看中文字幕| 亚洲开心婷婷中文字幕 | 在线日韩中文字幕|