Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Technology

    Honor to launch 5G smartphone next month

    By CHENG YU | China Daily | Updated: 2019-10-24 07:25
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Visitors try Honor smartphones on Tuesday during the Light of Internet Expo held in Wuzhen, Zhejiang province. [Photo by ZHU XINGXIN/CHINA DAILY]

    Smartphone vendor Honor's president confirmed the launch of its first 5G smartphone next month, as the tipping point of 5G smartphones is set to start in China in the coming one or two months, which industry insiders said was faster than expected.

    Zhao Ming, president of Honor, a key smartphone brand targeting young consumers of tech firm Huawei Technologies Co, said in an interview with China Daily that in November Honor will unveil its "V30 series smartphones with 5G and some hard techs on board".

    "Such a timeline is after careful consideration as the run-in period of 5G smartphones pretty much ended here in China. We believe the V30 series will be a hot series by then," Zhao said at the World Internet Conference, which ended on Tuesday.

    Zhao said that the past few months did not see the popularization of 5G smartphones, mainly due to the immaturity of support networks and a lack of attractive selling points for current 5G handsets.

    "In the next one or two months, Chinese consumers' passion for 5G smartphones will be fully driven. The tipping point of 5G smartphone users will come soon after then," he said.

    Sales of 5G smartphones are expected to rocket at the beginning of next year. Around 100 million 5G smartphones are likely to be sold in 2020, he predicted.

    His words came after Chinese consumers have shown huge enthusiasm for 5G smartphone and related mobile services. More than 10 million people have pre-ordered mobile package services for 5G earlier this month.

    A report from the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology also showed that a total of 497,000 5G smartphones have been shipped in China last month, almost double from 291,000 in the previous month.

    "Chinese consumers have shown huge enthusiasm for 5G smartphones, which has outpaced our expectations," Lei Jun, founder and CEO of another leading smartphone vendor Xiaomi Corp, said at the WIC.

    To tap into this demand, Lei said that Xiaomi plans to launch over 10 types of 5G smartphones next year and will cover all mid-and high-end types.

    Fu Liang, an independent analyst who has been following the telecom industry for more than a decade, said a key hurdle in 5G adoption was the price of 5G smartphones and data packages, along with the 5G support network.

    "But Chinese companies are adopting aggressive strategies to extend 5G coverage and lower the prices. The more quickly 5G networks are constructed and the cheaper the smartphones and data packages are, the easier it will be to convince people to purchase them," Fu said.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    亚洲日本中文字幕天堂网| 岛国av无码免费无禁网| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区影院 | 国产在线精品一区二区中文| 无码精品国产VA在线观看| 最好看更新中文字幕 | mm1313亚洲国产精品无码试看| 中文字幕亚洲一区| 亚洲中文久久精品无码| 丰满人妻AV无码一区二区三区| 无码国产乱人伦偷精品视频 | 久久精品中文无码资源站| 国产亚洲3p无码一区二区| 中文字幕丰满伦子无码| 无码夫の前で人妻を犯す中字| 在线欧美中文字幕农村电影| 午夜无码中文字幕在线播放| 国产精品99精品无码视亚| 日韩国产成人无码av毛片| 亚洲熟妇无码AV在线播放| 国产台湾无码AV片在线观看| 亚洲欧美精品一区久久中文字幕| 精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 久久无码AV中文出轨人妻| 在线看中文福利影院| 久久中文字幕精品| 欧美乱人伦中文字幕在线| 无码人妻精品一区二| 久久av高潮av无码av喷吹| 人妻少妇无码视频在线| 精品人妻少妇嫩草AV无码专区| 国产免费黄色无码视频| 亚洲?v无码国产在丝袜线观看| 4444亚洲人成无码网在线观看| 国产精品无码国模私拍视频| 国产网红主播无码精品 | 狠狠精品久久久无码中文字幕| 国产精品xxxx国产喷水亚洲国产精品无码久久一区 | 亚洲AV无码一区东京热| 亚洲AV无码一区东京热久久| 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式 |