Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / HK Macao

    Hong Kong shares advance on optimism over Sino-US trade deal

    By Pamela Lin | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2019-12-18 09:53
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Alibaba Group Holding debuts on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Market on Nov 26, 2019. [Photo/VCG]

    Hong Kong stocks advanced 1.22 percent on Tuesday as investors' optimism continued to rise over "phase one" of the US-China trade deal, which will suspend US tariff hikes on Chinese goods.

    The benchmark Hang Seng Index surged 335.62 points to 27,843.71, while the Hang Seng China Enterprises Index rose 186.1 points, or 1.73 percent.

    The effects from prolonged US-China trade tensions have been gradually mitigated after the phase-one deal was announced and Hong Kong social issues showed signs of abating, which drove market sentiment, said Dickie Wong Tak-kei, executive director of research at Kingston Securities.

    However, as the trade deal has not yet been signed, Wong warned the market to stay on guard for possible market volatility.

    Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said on Tuesday that the United States and China need to complete some necessary procedures before the agreement can be signed. He said more details will be released later.

    The US and China announced the deal on the text of a phase-one economic and trade agreement last week, which underpinned market sentiment. US President Donald Trump said on Monday that the deal is nearly complete, with some translations still to be done.

    In addition, the Hong Kong dollar is having its longest rally in eight years, Bloomberg News reported. Wong said the recent strengthening of the Hong Kong dollar means that the market has high demand for the Hong Kong dollar while also having a positive effect on the stock market.

    Wong highlighted the performance of listed companies with a weighted voting rights structure such as Xiaomi and Meituan-Dianping in recent days, adding that the companies with weighted voting structure are estimated to be included in the Hang Seng Index in the third quarter of next year.

    The shares of Xiaomi rose 1.52 percent to HK$10.68 ($1.37) per share, which hit a six-month high. Meituan-Dianping saw its shares go up 2.15 percent to HK$104.5 per share. Besides, Tencent gained the most on the Hang Seng today, rising 3.17 percent to HK$371.2 per share.

    Wong expects the HSI to rise at the maximum level of 28,000 to 283,000 points at the end of this year.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    中文精品99久久国产 | 无码夫の前で人妻を侵犯| 久久精品无码免费不卡| 无码AV动漫精品一区二区免费| 亚洲AV无码不卡在线观看下载| 无码国产精品一区二区免费3p| 亚洲欧美日韩另类中文字幕组| 亚洲AV无码专区在线播放中文| 精品久久久久久无码专区| 无码人妻丝袜在线视频| 熟妇人妻VA精品中文字幕| 亚洲成a人无码av波多野按摩 | 国产精品99精品无码视亚| 最新无码A∨在线观看| (愛妃視頻)国产无码中文字幕| 日韩乱码人妻无码系列中文字幕| 日韩AV无码不卡网站| 久久久无码一区二区三区| 无码少妇精品一区二区免费动态| 成人午夜精品无码区久久| 免费看成人AA片无码视频羞羞网| 最新中文字幕在线| 久久久久亚洲精品中文字幕| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线咪咕 | 好看的中文字幕二区高清在线观看| 国产强伦姧在线观看无码| 免费无码一区二区三区| 久久ZYZ资源站无码中文动漫| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区66| 一本大道东京热无码一区| 亚洲大尺度无码无码专区| 亚洲国产成人片在线观看无码 | 亚洲AV无码一区二区乱子伦| 亚洲一区二区三区无码中文字幕| 无码福利一区二区三区| 亚洲爆乳无码专区| 日韩亚洲AV无码一区二区不卡| AV无码免费永久在线观看| 国产精品午夜福利在线无码| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二区国产| 婷婷五月六月激情综合色中文字幕|