Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / HK Macao

    Rally organizer 'irresponsible' in encouraging radicals to attack officers

    By Chen Zimo | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2020-01-20 09:54
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    Police condemned the organizer of Sunday's public rally Lau Wing-hong for his "ridiculous and irresponsible" remarks in encouraging radical protesters to attack two police officers with bricks and batons.

    In a statement issued on Sunday night, the government strongly condemned the "outrageous attacks" on police officers by rioters.

    The two officers, their faces covered in blood, received serious head injuries. They were even chased after they tried to retreat. They had been sent to the scene to hold discussions with the organizer of the public rally in Central when violence flared up about two hours after it began. At about 4:30pm, police requested the organizer end the public rally.

    At around 8pm on Sunday, some rioters suddenly threw four petrol bombs at report room and car park of the Tai Po Police Station. Given that the report room was opened to the public at that time, rioters' acts posed a serious threat to the safety of innocent members of public and endangered public safety.

    Speaking to reporters at 9:30 pm on Sunday, Senior Superintendent (Operations) Ng Lok-chun of Hong Kong Island Region said it was "ridiculous and irresponsible" of Lau to tell the media the injured officers were "suspected of being plainclothes police officers".

    The two police community relations officers had long maintained close communications with Lau. Lau is "certainly acquainted with the injured officers", noted Ng.

    The two officers were sent to the venue to liaise with the event organizer "as a gesture of goodwill", as violent protesters inflicted damage to the area, explained Ng.

    However, during the discussions, the two officers were surrounded by rioters and brutally beaten up, said Ng. Even when they were retreating, the rioters still chased them and continued their attacks, he added.

    The two officers were left with serious and bloody injuries. As a result of rampant rioting, police had no choice but to ask the organizer to halt the event, said Ng.

    The organizer, Lau Wing-hong, was arrested after the assembly as he "contravened the conditions of the letter of no objection and repeatedly obstructed police", explained Ng.

    Ng also said that at least eight men were arrested for possession of offensive weapons and also instruments intended for unlawful purposes – such as hammers, spanners and extendable batons. These weapons were also used to cause damage and attack police officers during the event, he said.

    Police also condemned the rioters for hijacking a public event and committing violent acts.

    If the protesters had expressed their views rationally and peacefully, there would be no reason for police to intervene, Ng added.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    日韩AV片无码一区二区不卡电影| 乱人伦中文视频在线| 天堂8а√中文在线官网| 国产久热精品无码激情| 成人无码a级毛片免费| 在线日韩中文字幕| 中文字幕AV影片在线手机播放| 丰满熟妇乱又伦在线无码视频| 亚洲中文字幕无码一区| 玖玖资源站中文字幕在线| 久久久久成人精品无码中文字幕| 免费一区二区无码视频在线播放| 国产做无码视频在线观看浪潮| 最新国产精品无码| 高清无码午夜福利在线观看| а天堂中文最新版在线| 中文字幕日韩精品无码内射| 免费无码黄十八禁网站在线观看| 国产精品亚洲а∨无码播放 | 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 免费无码一区二区| 蜜臀av无码人妻精品| 色情无码WWW视频无码区小黄鸭| 亚洲日韩国产AV无码无码精品| 中文字幕在线观看国产| 中文字幕精品久久| 国产成人无码一区二区在线观看| 最新中文字幕在线观看| 欧美日韩国产中文精品字幕自在自线 | av无码播放一级毛片免费野外| 亚洲AV永久无码精品| 亚洲精品无码乱码成人 | 18无码粉嫩小泬无套在线观看| 日木av无码专区亚洲av毛片| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区久久| 久久久久久国产精品无码超碰| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区在线| 少妇无码AV无码专区线| 人妻少妇伦在线无码专区视频| 国产午夜无码精品免费看| 久久精品无码一区二区日韩AV |