Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Policies

    Exporters offered lifeline to cut losses

    By Ma Zhenhuan in Hangzhou | China Daily | Updated: 2020-02-06 08:52
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Dongguan in Guangdong province is a busy port on the Pearl River. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]

    Some Chinese enterprises, especially exporters, are believed to have sought force majeure certificates to safeguard their rights and business interests and help reduce losses due to the novel coronavirus epidemic in the country.

    Enterprises usually declare a force majeure when they are unable to meet contractual obligations for reasons that are beyond their control.

    The China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), the agency that helps promote China's foreign trade and investment, said that enterprises that have failed to execute their contracts on time or have not been able to execute their international trade contracts can apply for the certificates.

    "Some Chinese companies have suffered severe impacts on goods and logistics and may not be able to fulfil their contracts due to the novel coronavirus epidemic," the CCPIT said.

    An enterprise in Huzhou, East China's Zhejiang province, received the nation's first force majeure certificate from the local branch of the CCPIT on Sunday.

    Huzhou Huida Machinery Manufacturing Co Ltd, which mainly produces shucks for steering gears for Peugeot SA in France, was unable to supply the stipulated weekly quota of 10,000 sets every week on time due to postponed resumption of production because of the epidemic.

    "The certificate will help reduce our economic losses by at least 30 million yuan ($4.28 million)," said a manager with the Huzhou company.

    "So far, at least three or four local manufacturing or exporting enterprises have consulted us about such certificates, and we will try our best to protect such enterprises in line with related rules and requirements, to reduce their economic losses to the minimum," said Ding Guming, director of legal affairs with the Huzhou branch.

    On Monday, the Nanjing branch of the CCPIT in East China's Jiangsu province issued its first batch of eight such certificates to four exporters, involving 89 contracts with a combined value of $4.76 million.

    Such documents, recognized by governments, customs, chambers of commerce and enterprises worldwide, can help partly or completely waive, or delay fulfilling the obligations of litigants, said Zou Ruirui, chief of legal affairs with the Nanjing branch.

    Applicants must submit proof of delay in the resumption of production, delays or cancellations in sea, air or land transportation, as well as export cargo sales contracts or agreements, according to Zou.

    The CCPIT said so far over 1,000 enterprises have consulted the trade council and its branches online about the certification applications.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    亚洲V无码一区二区三区四区观看| 亚洲一本大道无码av天堂| 中文字幕在线无码一区| 中文字幕AV中文字无码亚| 最近中文字幕在线中文视频| 欧洲精品久久久av无码电影| 中文字幕亚洲一区二区va在线| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久综合网 | 亚洲欧美中文字幕| 久久久久无码精品| 无码国产伦一区二区三区视频| 最近最新中文字幕视频| 欧美人妻aⅴ中文字幕| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区五十路| 亚洲综合无码精品一区二区三区| 精品久久久无码中文字幕天天| 少女视频在线观看完整版中文| 精品一区二区无码AV| 国产在线无码视频一区二区三区 | 日本中文字幕在线2020| 亚洲国产91精品无码专区| 久久久久久人妻无码| 亚洲大尺度无码无码专区| 狠狠精品久久久无码中文字幕| 日韩亚洲欧美中文高清| 中文字幕人妻色偷偷久久| 亚洲精品无码av天堂| 亚洲精品无码专区2| 亚洲AV蜜桃永久无码精品| 午夜无码一区二区三区在线观看| 18无码粉嫩小泬无套在线观看| 韩国免费a级作爱片无码| 精品久久久久久无码中文字幕| 岛国av无码免费无禁网| 国产无码一区二区在线| 无码国模国产在线无码精品国产自在久国产 | 亚洲人成人无码网www国产| 性无码专区一色吊丝中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码乱码精品国产| 中文字幕丰满乱子无码视频| 色噜噜亚洲精品中文字幕|