Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Latest

    Tang: Challenging to find 2,500 recruits

    By Joseph Li | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2020-03-16 11:13
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    Police Commissioner Chris Tang Ping-keung said it is challenging to recruit 2,500 police officers for the Hong Kong Police Force in this financial year (2020-21) as the police face high risks of personal information leak.

    "I believe there are committed people who are willing to safeguard law and order in Hong Kong. Yet it is a challenge because they may be afraid that their family members will be doxxed if they join the police," Tang said.

    "We have to wait and see the response and the number of applicants, but I was glad that the application for auxiliary police officers surged by 70 percent last year," he added.

    According to the official data, the total number of police officers in the city will reach at least 38,400 in this fiscal year, a 7 percent increase from the current 35,863. The proposed growth is also expected to address the surge of crime cases amid strained police manpower.

    "I think without additional manpower, it will be a big challenge for us. You can see what happened in the past nine months. It may end up with the same situation in which our officers need to work very long hours," Tang said.

    In 2019, the city's overall number of crimes took a drastic turn after 12 consecutive years of decline, when it rose by 9.2 percent to 59,225 cases from 54,225 cases in 2018. It was a tough year for the law enforcement force, dubbed "Asia's finest", especially since June, when the months-long street violence triggered by the since-withdrawn extradition bill began.

    Apart from the incessant street violence since June, police manpower was also strained by the increase in crime reports — a byproduct of the nonstop violence inflicted by rampaging anti-government radicals.

    The police in a statement on March 2 indicated that a surge in crimes such as robberies, burglaries, snatchings, and thefts from vehicles was linked to the fact that "criminals were taking advantage of the thinning out of crime prevention work and resources to cope with related public order events".

    "After the illegal 'Occupy Central' campaign in 2014, the number of applicants dropped a bit, but it went back to normal fairly quickly. In recent recruitment exercises, we could choose one inspector from about 40 applicants and one constable from 10 applicants."

    1 2 Next   >>|
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    久久99精品久久久久久hb无码| 中文字幕欧美日韩在线不卡| 最近中文字幕完整在线看一| 国产真人无码作爱视频免费| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区久久99| 亚洲AV无码乱码精品国产| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码一二三区 | 91精品国产综合久久四虎久久无码一级 | 中文字幕不卡高清视频在线| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品一区| 国产精品无码无片在线观看| 成人午夜福利免费无码视频| 中文字幕在线视频网| 日本中文字幕在线| 无码中文字幕日韩专区 | 无码人妻久久一区二区三区| 亚洲美日韩Av中文字幕无码久久久妻妇 | 最近免费中文字幕高清大全| 中文字幕丰满乱子无码视频| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线| 亚洲国产精品无码久久一区二区 | 伊人热人久久中文字幕| 伊人久久大香线蕉无码麻豆| 免费无码国产在线观国内自拍中文字幕 | 国产日韩精品无码区免费专区国产| 无码国内精品人妻少妇蜜桃视频| 制服在线无码专区| 亚洲伊人久久综合中文成人网 | 精品无码AV一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲AV日韩AV永久无码下载| 亚洲精品中文字幕无码蜜桃| 国产成人无码av| 夜夜添无码试看一区二区三区| 超清无码熟妇人妻AV在线电影| 少妇性饥渴无码A区免费 | 亚洲大尺度无码无码专区| 久久久久亚洲AV片无码下载蜜桃| 日本欧美亚洲中文| 蜜桃臀AV高潮无码| 亚洲国产精品无码AAA片| 无码国产69精品久久久久网站|