Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Latest

    Imported cases raise increasing concerns

    By WANG XIAOYU | CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2020-03-30 07:32
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Staff in protective suits talks with a passenger at the Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing, China, March 18, 2020. [Photo/Xinhua]

    Vigilance required

    Li Lanjuan, a senior adviser to the commission, also said last week that she's been deeply worried that the influx of infected travelers might trigger a second wave of infections in China. "We're confronted with a grim task ahead that is set to test whether we are able to tightly and strictly seal off our line of defense and avert a resurgence of the virus," she said in an interview.

    In working to minimize the risk of a widening pandemic, authorities in China have already taken several measures to ramp up monitoring of returnees, reduce international flights and restrict entry for foreign nationals.

    If the comprehensive response mechanism that entails proactive and prompt screening and quarantine can continue to be forcefully implemented, the chance of a fresh outbreak in China is slim, according to Zhong Nanshan, a renowned respiratory disease expert and epidemiologist.

    "Based on the society-wide approach, new infections will be limited to a very small group, which will not amount to an outbreak. The prerequisite is to stay alert and actively test and isolate cases as some infected arrivals from abroad are highly contagious," Zhong told China Central Television on Friday.

    Zhang Wenhong, leader of the Shanghai team of experts in the treatment of COVID-19 cases, also said that the main task of epidemic control for China at the moment is to curb the virus' spread from overseas. He said the task is "much easier compared with bringing the Wuhan situation under control in late January".

    Zhang said there is no need for the public to be overly worried that the resumption of production in the country might trigger a reoccurrence of the epidemic.

    "People don't need to be overly concerned as the country's fever clinic system and public health monitoring network still work at their highest capacity," he said during a live broadcast during which experts from home and abroad shared their experiences fighting the epidemic in different countries on Sunday.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    免费无码午夜福利片69| 日韩精品无码中文字幕一区二区| 无码毛片一区二区三区中文字幕 | 无码成人精品区在线观看 | 蜜臀AV无码国产精品色午夜麻豆| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区99性 | 最近2019中文免费字幕在线观看| 少妇无码AV无码专区在线观看| 久久精品99无色码中文字幕| 亚洲av无码不卡私人影院| 久久久久亚洲av无码专区| 日韩人妻无码精品系列| 最新中文字幕在线| 中文字幕色AV一区二区三区| AA区一区二区三无码精片| 亚洲AV无码成人专区片在线观看| 亚洲乱码中文字幕综合234| 亚洲av综合avav中文| 亚洲精品无码久久毛片| 国产成人精品无码免费看| 亚洲AV人无码综合在线观看| 无码精品A∨在线观看免费 | 亚洲国产综合精品中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久2017| 亚洲不卡无码av中文字幕| 99久久国产热无码精品免费久久久久 | 中文字幕日韩在线| 日韩人妻无码中文字幕视频| 中文无码精品一区二区三区| 精品人妻系列无码人妻免费视频| av无码久久久久久不卡网站| 国产精品三级在线观看无码 | 无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃百度| 69天堂人成无码麻豆免费视频| 国产激情无码一区二区app| 精品三级AV无码一区| 国产精品无码成人午夜电影| 国产亚洲情侣一区二区无码AV| 99久久国产热无码精品免费久久久久| 国产精品无码久久综合网| 亚洲成a人在线看天堂无码|