Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Military

    PLA slams naval drills in South China Sea

    By ZHANG ZHIHAO | CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2020-05-01 07:44
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    The Ministry of National Defense spokesman Wu Qian [File photo by Zhu Xingxin/chinadaily.com.cn]

    The Chinese military opposes foreign powers bolstering their naval presence in the South China Sea, actions that are detrimental to regional peace and stability, a spokesman for the Ministry of National Defense said on Thursday.

    The People's Liberation Army will remain highly vigilant and keep monitoring foreign navies' activities in the region, ministry spokesman Senior Colonel Wu Qian said in a news release.

    Wu made the remarks amid recent "freedom of navigation" operations by the United States Navy. Since mid-April, the US and Australian navies have conducted joint military exercises in the South China Sea.

    "Reality has proved once again that the US is the biggest facilitator of the militarization of the South China Sea, and is a troublemaker for the region's peace and stability," Wu said.

    "The PLA will remain on high alert, and adamantly safeguard national sovereignty, security, and development interests, as well as the peace and prosperity of the region."

    In response to two US Naval Institute articles published early last month that called on the US to encourage the use of privateers to attack Chinese ships by issuing letters of marque-documents authorizing privately owned ships to capture enemy merchant ships-Wu called the idea "an act of piracy".

    "These actions are criminal activities explicitly prohibited under international laws, and will absolutely receive joint opposition and a severe backlash from the international community," he said.

    Wu said that publicly endorsing piracy had exposed the hegemonic ideas and law of the jungle mentality behind the authors, "and the international community should be on guard against these thoughts".

    When asked to comment on accusations by Taiwan defense authorities that the Chinese mainland was engaging in military coercion and threats against the island, Wu said Taiwan is part of China and PLA activities around the island are aimed at safeguarding national sovereignty and territorial integrity.

    "Our activities target a few Taiwan secessionists and their activities, not the majority of Taiwan compatriots," he said. "Any form of military resistance against reunification goes against the nation's righteous principles, and is doomed to fail."

    As for the military's efforts in combating the novel coronavirus pneumonia pandemic, Wu said the PLA had sent medical supplies and experts to many countries, including Iran, Pakistan, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Lebanon.

    PLA medical teams had also held seminars with peers from Pakistan, Singapore and Russia.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    亚洲伦另类中文字幕| 国产成A人亚洲精V品无码性色| 免费A级毛片无码A∨| 最好看更新中文字幕| 无码不卡亚洲成?人片| 亚洲av中文无码乱人伦在线r▽| 少妇中文字幕乱码亚洲影视| AV无码人妻中文字幕| 无码A级毛片免费视频内谢| 久久无码AV中文出轨人妻| 天堂最新版中文网| 亚洲欧美精品一中文字幕| 69久久精品无码一区二区| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区免费看 | 色综合久久无码中文字幕| 免费a级毛片无码a∨免费软件| 波多野结衣中文在线播放| 亚洲成a人无码av波多野按摩| 国产办公室秘书无码精品99| 亚洲情XO亚洲色XO无码| 无码不卡av东京热毛片| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区96| 中文字幕在线视频第一页| 亚洲毛片网址在线观看中文字幕| 久热中文字幕无码视频| 日本中文字幕在线| 无码专区中文字幕无码| 久久超乳爆乳中文字幕| 久久亚洲精精品中文字幕| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 日韩在线中文字幕| 最近2019中文字幕免费直播| 中文字幕av在线| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线观看| 欧美精品中文字幕亚洲专区| 精品久久久无码人妻中文字幕豆芽| 亚洲开心婷婷中文字幕| 精品久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 国产精品综合专区中文字幕免费播放 | 无码人妻一区二区三区在线 | 免费无码又爽又黄又刺激网站|