Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / China-Europe

    UK urged to refrain from false accusations

    By ZHOU JIN | China Daily | Updated: 2020-07-21 07:20
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin. [Photo/fmprc.gov.cn]

    China urged the United Kingdom on Monday to refrain from taking further steps along a wrong path so as to avoid further damage to bilateral ties.

    Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin, in his first media briefing, made the remark after reports emerged that London is ready to suspend an extradition treaty for Hong Kong following the enactment of the National Security Law for the region. The reports came after Canada and Australia made the same moves earlier this month.

    China will take firm counteractions against practices that interfere in its internal affairs, Wang said, adding that Beijing opposes and condemns the UK's wrong remarks and measures on Hong Kong-related issues.

    China also hit back on Monday at comments by British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who accused Beijing of human rights abuses against the Uygur ethnic group in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region and said that sanctions against those responsible could not be ruled out.

    Wang called Raab's comments "rumors and slander" and the forced-sterilization reports "complete nonsense".

    He reiterated that Xinjiang-related issues are not about human rights, religion or ethnic groups at all, but about combating violence, terrorism and separatism.

    Tension between Beijing and London has soared over a number of topics such as Hong Kong affairs and the ban on Chinese telecom giant Huawei's participation in the UK's 5G network. It also comes at a time when China is locked in conflicts with the United States.

    US Defense Secretary Mark Esper said recently that the US is in an era of great power competition, and that China is Washington's top strategic competitor, followed by Russia.

    In response to Esper's remarks, Wang said the key reason for the severe challenges facing Sino-US ties is that some people in the US always view the relationship with China with a Cold War mentality and zero-sum game mindset, and they advocate containment and suppression of China.

    China will never go down the path of a powerful state turning to hegemony, he said, urging the US to view China and their bilateral relations correctly.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    无码人妻久久一区二区三区| 无码精品国产dvd在线观看9久| 最近中文字幕完整在线看一| 日韩av无码中文字幕| 久久精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 久久久久无码精品| 亚洲av无码精品网站| 最近中文字幕大全免费视频 | 中文无码人妻有码人妻中文字幕| 亚洲AV无码乱码在线观看性色扶| 无码中文字幕日韩专区视频| 日本中文字幕在线视频一区| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 50岁人妻丰满熟妇αv无码区| 亚洲AV日韩AV永久无码绿巨人| 亚洲精品人成无码中文毛片 | 中文字幕人妻无码专区| 精品无码一区在线观看| 亚洲av福利无码无一区二区| 无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃网站| 中文字幕欧美在线| 中文精品一卡2卡3卡4卡| 天堂√中文最新版在线下载| 一级片无码中文字幕乱伦| 免费A级毛片无码无遮挡| 国产成人无码精品久久久久免费| 久久无码人妻一区二区三区午夜| 无码精品A∨在线观看| 少妇人妻无码精品视频app| 无码人妻丰满熟妇精品区| 亚洲国产精品无码久久98| 亚洲AV无码专区国产乱码电影 | 精品无码人妻夜人多侵犯18| 色综合久久无码中文字幕| 无码精品国产VA在线观看DVD| 日日麻批免费40分钟无码| 日韩国产成人无码av毛片| 国产成人无码av片在线观看不卡| 国产精品无码久久四虎| 中文字幕亚洲码在线| 久久精品中文闷骚内射|