Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Asia-Pacific

    Cambodia's inoculation drive gets another boost after new arrival of Chinese COVID-19 vaccines

    Xinhua | Updated: 2021-08-12 15:32
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    PHNOM PENH -- A new batch of 3 million doses of China's Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia on Thursday, giving another boost to the kingdom's vaccination drive.

    Speaking to reporters while receiving the vaccines at the airport, health ministry's secretary of state Yok Sambath said the vaccines were purchased from Chinese biopharmaceutical firm Sinovac Biotech.

    She expressed gratitude to China for providing vaccines to Cambodia, saying that the Southeast Asian nation now has enough vaccines to sustain the immunization campaign.

    "As we see, in either donated or purchased vaccines, the Chinese government always does what it says," she said. "With the coordination of the two countries' embassies, we have worked together well and smoothly."

    According to Sambath, Cambodia has so far received about 25 million vaccine doses, mostly from China.

    The country launched an anti-COVID-19 vaccination drive on Feb. 10, targeting to vaccinate 12 million people, or 75 percent of its 16-million population by November.

    To date, 8.51 million people, or 53.2 percent of the total population, have received at least one dose, and 6.63 million of them have completed the two-dose inoculation, according to the health ministry.

    The kingdom reported 455 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, pushing the national caseload to 83,839, the health ministry said, adding that 20 more fatalities were recorded, taking the death toll to 1,634.

    On Wednesday, China donated a new batch of anti-COVID-19 materials to Phnom Penh, the Chinese embassy in Cambodia said on its Facebook page.

    Chinese Ambassador to Cambodia Wang Wentian handed over the donated items to Phnom Penh governor Khoung Sreng.

    The anti-virus materials included oxygen concentrators and traditional medicines Lianhua Qingwen capsules and Huashi Baidu Keli, among others.

    Wang said the donation reflected the profound friendship of the Chinese people with the Cambodian people, and expressed his hope that the donation would help Phnom Penh fight the pandemic more effectively.

    Meanwhile, Sreng said that the effective control of the pandemic in Phnom Penh was attributed to the timely supplies of COVID-19 vaccines from China.

    "My colleagues and I work on the frontline in the fight against the pandemic, but we have never been infected. This is due to the effective protection from the Chinese vaccines," he said.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    99热门精品一区二区三区无码| 六月婷婷中文字幕| avtt亚洲一区中文字幕| 毛片无码免费无码播放| 久久精品中文字幕有码| 亚洲男人第一无码aⅴ网站| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮视频 | 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式 | 日韩乱码人妻无码中文视频 | 日韩在线中文字幕| 久久精品无码一区二区三区免费| 中文字幕无码人妻AAA片| 色综合久久无码中文字幕| 日韩精品无码Av一区二区| 无码人妻视频一区二区三区| 中文字幕在线无码一区| 日本中文字幕免费高清视频| 亚欧无码精品无码有性视频| 国产精品无码av在线播放| 亚洲综合无码精品一区二区三区| 国产中文在线亚洲精品官网| 人妻无码αv中文字幕久久琪琪布| 无码毛片一区二区三区中文字幕| 国产精品无码一区二区三区电影| 亚洲精品午夜无码专区| 人妻AV中出无码内射| 最近中文2019字幕第二页| 中文字幕成人精品久久不卡| 色噜噜综合亚洲av中文无码| 欧美日本道中文高清| 亚洲无码精品浪潮| 亚洲无码黄色网址| 亚洲最大av无码网址| 亚洲精品无码AV中文字幕电影网站| 99精品人妻无码专区在线视频区| 人妻少妇乱子伦无码视频专区| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区不卡 | 中文字幕亚洲免费无线观看日本| 日韩乱码人妻无码中文字幕| 最近更新中文字幕在线| 乱人伦中文视频高清视频|