Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Companies

    Meituan put under probe for Mobike acquisition

    By Cheng Yu | China Daily | Updated: 2021-08-31 07:53
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Signs of Meituan are seen at its booth at the 2020 China International Fair for Trade in Services (CIFTIS) in Beijing, September 4, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

    The State Administration for Market Regulation, China's top market regulator, said on Monday that it is launching an investigation into food delivery giant Meituan's undeclared acquisition of bike-sharing firm Mobike.

    The administration said on its website that the move is to strengthen the regulation of the shared consumption sector. It had already urged eight sharing economy firms, including Meituan and Shenzhen Laidian Technology, to rectify soaring prices.

    The announcement followed an exchange filing by Meituan in which it said it was likely to make changes to its business practices or be fined a significant amount following an administration investigation in April into alleged monopolistic behavior by the company.

    Meituan is likely to be fined about $1 billion by the antitrust regulator in the coming weeks for allegedly abusing its dominant market position to the detriment of merchants and rivals, The Wall Street Journal reported.

    "Such moves clearly send a signal that the country is boosting regulations on improper market behavior, especially monopolistic behavior, by internet and technology firms," said Wang Peng, an associate professor at Hillhouse Research Institute at Renmin University of China. "Behaviors that violate the interests of consumers will not be tolerated anymore."

    On Monday, China's top leadership said at a high-level meeting that it is necessary to boost supervision and law enforcement in key areas, such as the platform economy, technological innovation, information security and the protection of people's livelihoods.

    Meituan, which is backed by tech giant Tencent Holdings, has shed about $160 billion in market value since its February high. It reported on Monday that its total revenue rose 77 percent year-on-year to 43.7 billion yuan ($6.77 billion) in the second quarter of this year, but its net loss hit 3.36 billion yuan during the period.

    Since last year, a string of Chinese internet heavyweights, including Alibaba Group Holding, Tencent, JD and Suning.com, have been investigated or fined for alleged monopolistic behavior.

    "Antitrust efforts will not crack down on a single company or industry," said Li Chao, chief analyst at Zheshang Securities. "On the contrary, such moves will lead to the flourishing of the sector as a whole in the long term."

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    少妇无码一区二区三区| 中文无码字慕在线观看| 久久久久亚洲AV无码专区网站| 国产精品无码无卡在线播放| 久久精品无码av| 亚洲精品无码久久千人斩| 日韩乱码人妻无码系列中文字幕| 日本一区二区三区精品中文字幕| 中文字幕日韩理论在线| 无码人妻一区二区三区精品视频 | 久久精品无码专区免费东京热| 国产av永久无码天堂影院| 无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃网站| 久久精品aⅴ无码中文字字幕不卡| 中文字幕本一道先锋影音| 亚洲精品无码久久久影院相关影片 | 中文字幕乱码人妻无码久久| av无码国产在线看免费网站| 亚洲AV区无码字幕中文色| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线蜜臀| 国产精品无码av在线播放| 亚洲爆乳精品无码一区二区三区 | 88国产精品无码一区二区三区 | 无码国产色欲XXXXX视频| 永久免费AV无码网站国产| 亚洲国产人成中文幕一级二级| 久久久久久国产精品无码超碰| 中文字幕有码无码AV| 人妻系列AV无码专区| 国产品无码一区二区三区在线| 暖暖免费中文在线日本| 在线中文字幕一区| 最近中文字幕国语免费完整| 中文字幕本一道先锋影音| 天堂资源在线最新版天堂中文| 亚洲va中文字幕无码久久不卡 | 无码国产精品一区二区免费vr| 亚洲AV无码欧洲AV无码网站| 精品久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 日本免费中文视频| 最近最新高清免费中文字幕|