Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Latest

    China's import expo a welcome change: US scholar

    Xinhua | Updated: 2021-11-02 17:39
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Photo taken on Oct 23, 2021 shows the south square of the National Exhibition and Convention Center (Shanghai), a main venue for the fourth China International Import Expo (CIIE), in East China's Shanghai. [Photo/Xinhua]

    CHICAGO -- While some Western countries have erected trade barriers and used the global trade system for non-economic goals in recent years, the China International Import Expo (CIIE) is "a welcome change" against the trend, a US scholar has said.

    "China is the only country that has taken concrete steps to open its economy to free trade and investment," said Khairy Tourk, professor of economics with the Stuart School of Business at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, in a recent interview with Xinhua.

    The global economy last year experienced a recession due to the COVID-19 pandemic, while since March this year, the world has faced with the danger of both inflation and stagflation.

    "Many nations have felt that the future looks rather grim, and this is particularly true for developing nations," Tourk commented.

    The CIIE is a positive step that has boosted the morale and confidence of these nations, said Tourk, noting that "China has changed from being the factory of the world to being the largest marketplace in the world."

    The expo is of particular importance to developing nations. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, "these nations have suffered a reduction in GDP growth, a decline in the prices of their main exports and raw materials," the scholar pointed out.

    Nations, rich or poor, are bound to benefit largely from innovative forums like the CIIE, he continued, adding that Chinese consumers are going to be one of the major pillars responsible for global growth during the 21st century.

    "In the near future as its consumption goes up, China's contribution to global growth will be larger than it is now," Tourk stressed. "This is good news for everyone."

    Tourk said China's opening-up measures can be also seen in the Belt and Road Initiative and its participation in COVAX, a global campaign led by the World Health Organization working with governments and manufacturers to ensure that COVID-19 vaccines are available worldwide.

    "Many nations are grateful for China's help with vaccines and medical equipment," he said.

    Tourk also rebuked talks of decoupling the US economy from the Chinese economy, saying that an increasing number of businesses and nations participating in the CIIE year by year is a rejection of the call.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    日韩人妻无码精品久久久不卡| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区人妖| 国产高清无码二区 | 亚洲精品无码久久久久去q| 中文字幕专区高清在线观看| 人妻丰满AV无码久久不卡| 最新版天堂资源中文网| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二区| 日韩AV无码精品人妻系列| 天堂网www中文天堂在线| 日韩亚洲不卡在线视频中文字幕在线观看 | 久久伊人中文无码| 色窝窝无码一区二区三区色欲| 亚洲天堂中文字幕在线| 中文字幕精品无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲国产精品无码久久| 免费无码中文字幕A级毛片| 亚洲AⅤ永久无码精品AA| 成在线人AV免费无码高潮喷水| 亚洲精品无码久久久久| 中文有码vs无码人妻| 最新高清无码专区| 无码乱肉视频免费大全合集| 中文字幕av日韩精品一区二区| 最新中文字幕在线视频| 在线看福利中文影院| 伊人久久一区二区三区无码| 中文字幕专区高清在线观看| 中文字幕乱码人在线视频1区| 日韩精品人妻一区二区中文八零| 狠狠躁狠狠爱免费视频无码| 国产AV无码专区亚洲精品| 久久国产三级无码一区二区| 久久久久成人精品无码| 亚洲AV中文无码乱人伦在线视色| 亚洲精品97久久中文字幕无码| 中文字幕有码无码AV| 狠狠躁天天躁无码中文字幕图| 精品亚洲欧美中文字幕在线看| 欧美日韩中文字幕在线| 中文字幕在线看日本大片|