Shanghai stands resolute on COVID-19 strategy

    By WANG XIAOYU and ZHANG ZHIHAO | China Daily | Updated: 2022-04-26 07:10
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    Limited resources

    Medical workers of the medical emergency center of Minhang district of Shanghai treat a patient in East China's Shanghai, April 23, 2022. [Photo/Xinhua]

    Ma Xiaowei, minister of the National Health Commission, said in a signed article on April 18 that China's medical resources are insufficient in general and could collapse if the virus runs rampant.

    Data from the commission show there were 2.9 doctors and 3.34 nurses per 1,000 people in 2020, lagging behind a number of developed countries, including Australia, which had 3.8 doctors and 12 nurses per 1,000 people.

    Du Bin, vice-president of Peking Union Medical College Hospital and a critical care specialist, said in a study published in June that China only had 3.6 intensive care unit beds per 100,000 people, compared with 34.7 such beds in the United States and 29.2 in Germany.

    "There was a large gap between critical care delivery and demand," he said in the co-authored article, adding that the lack of professional critical care health workers further strained capacity.

    Shanghai, which is home to renowned hospitals and top medical professionals, has had to seek help from outside amid the current outbreak.

    Jiao Yahui, head of the National Health Commission's medical administration bureau, said that as of April 4, more than 38,000 medical workers from 15 provincial-level regions had been sent to the city to help fight the virus.

    In a sign of the increasing pressure on designated hospitals, the city announced last week that 6,700 beds in makeshift facilities initially designed to receive asymptomatic or mild cases would be upgraded to accommodate patients with moderate symptoms of COVID-19.

    Liang Wanxian, an expert with the commission's virus response task force, said on Friday that relaxing COVID-19 control at present would trigger a "vicious circle". The surging number of severe cases could collapse the medical system and lead to cross-infection among health workers, hampering the provision of other medical services.

    |<< Previous 1 2 3 4 Next   >>|
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    4444亚洲人成无码网在线观看| 久久亚洲2019中文字幕| 欧美麻豆久久久久久中文| 人妻无码一区二区不卡无码av| 天堂…中文在线最新版在线| 国产免费无码AV片在线观看不卡| 天堂а√在线地址中文在线| 亚洲一本大道无码av天堂 | 亚洲免费日韩无码系列| 亚洲av无码精品网站| 日韩欧美成人免费中文字幕| 中文字幕人妻无码系列第三区| 久久国产精品无码HDAV| 中文字幕日韩精品无码内射| www日韩中文字幕在线看| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 国产成人无码精品久久久久免费 | 久久中文精品无码中文字幕| 日韩精品无码永久免费网站| 久久久久亚洲AV无码麻豆| 中文字幕丰满乱孑伦无码专区| 久久e热在这里只有国产中文精品99| 日韩亚洲欧美中文在线| 午夜成人无码福利免费视频| 88久久精品无码一区二区毛片| 日韩av无码中文字幕| 少妇人妻无码精品视频| 亚洲AV无码一区二区乱子伦 | 亚洲熟妇无码乱子AV电影| 无码乱肉视频免费大全合集| 中文字幕在线观看国产| 中文成人无码精品久久久不卡 | 中文字幕日韩精品有码视频| 公和熄小婷乱中文字幕| www日韩中文字幕在线看| 日本中文字幕在线电影| 国产成人无码AV麻豆| 中文字幕乱偷无码AV先锋 | 国产亚洲人成无码网在线观看| 老司机亚洲精品影院无码 | 中文字幕乱码免费视频|