Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Health

    No efforts spared to stop virus in Guangzhou

    By ZHENG CAIXIONG in Guangzhou and ZHOU HUIYING | China Daily | Updated: 2022-11-18 09:25
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    People receive deliveries over the fence of a controlled area to contain COVID-19 in Haizhu district in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, on Thursday. TAN QINGJU/FOR CHINA DAILY

    Medical workers are going all out to treat critical and severely ill patients with COVID-19 while sparing no effort to halt the spread of the virus in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province, a local senior health official said on Thursday.

    Zhang Yi, deputy director and spokeswoman of the Guangzhou Health Commission, said an expert consultation system has been set up in accordance with patients' health conditions and they are being treated with traditional Chinese and Western medicines.

    The city reported 275 local confirmed cases and 8,486 asymptomatic carriers on Wednesday, including one critical and one severe patient.

    It is the first time the city has reported cases in intensive care units. The tally from the latest outbreak has risen to more than 45,000 since late October.

    The critical patient is an 82-year-old woman, who has coronary heart disease, thoracic malformation, chronic bronchitis and is bedridden, while the severe patient is a 62-year-old man who has severe high blood pressure, coronary heart disease and long-term side effects from a stroke.

    Both are in stable condition after treatment in a designated hospital, Zhang said.

    A resident takes an inhalable COVID-19 vaccine in Beijing's Haidian district on Thursday. WANG HAIXIN/FOR CHINA DAILY

    "Hospitals have implemented 'one case, one treatment' for special cases with severe chronic diseases and pregnant women," she added.

    Haizhu, the hardest-hit district in Guangzhou, reported 8,582 of the city's 8,761 infections on Wednesday, with 92.6 percent detected in Haizhu's Fengyang, Nanzhou and Huazhou subdistricts.

    Zhang Zhoubin, Party secretary of the Guangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said the real-time transmission index — a number that determines how many people can be infected by another person — in Haizhu had been reduced to 1.5 by Thursday from 2.2 recorded a week ago, and it has been fluctuating between 1.4 and 1.5 in the last four days.

    "That indicates the prevention and control measures taken in the past week are effective in curbing the spread of the virus in Haizhu," he said.

    "The still-growing number of cases detected in Haizhu reflects the reality that Haizhu has a large number of infected people. And that is why the real-time transmission index has dropped, but many infections are still detected in the district," he added.

    In Beijing, the epidemic situation is still developing and the risk of hidden spread at the community level still exists, Liu Xiaofeng, deputy director of the Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control, said at a news conference on Thursday.

    Between midnight and 3 pm on Thursday, Beijing reported 218 locally transmitted COVID-19 infections, with 23 detected at the community level.

    "The current outbreak has involved several densely populated industries and places, including catering, schools, urban villages and construction sites," said Liu. "We must deal with cluster infections in a scientific, precise and efficient way."

    Staff members should strengthen risk screening in densely populated places as well as completely implement measures, including health code scanning, body temperature measurement, nucleic acid test checking and public disinfection, Liu added.

    He urged residents to maintain good hygiene habits and avoid unnecessary gatherings to reduce the risk of transmission.

    In Chongqing, the proportion of newly confirmed COVID-19 cases via community transmission on Tuesday was 36.2 percent — a decrease of 13 percentage points from Monday, according to the local health commission.

    The decrease means the policy of coordination that was implemented in the city's central urban districts has worked to some extent, said Li Pan, deputy director of the commission, at a news conference on Wednesday.

    The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 2,328 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 20,804 local asymptomatic carriers, the National Health Commission said Thursday.

    Du Juan in Beijing, Deng Rui and Tan Yingzi in Chongqing contributed to this story.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    欧日韩国产无码专区| 亚洲日韩VA无码中文字幕| 中文字幕无码一区二区免费| 亚洲av无码成人精品区在线播放| 曰韩精品无码一区二区三区| 一本大道香蕉中文日本不卡高清二区| 久久精品无码专区免费| 少妇无码AV无码专区线| 中文字幕av无码专区第一页| 欧美日韩v中文字幕| 亚洲一区二区三区无码影院| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区天堂| 国产成人无码区免费内射一片色欲 | 国产精品无码v在线观看| 东京热人妻无码一区二区av| 最近完整中文字幕2019电影| 影音先锋中文无码一区| 精品无码人妻久久久久久| 久久精品无码专区免费青青| 性无码免费一区二区三区在线| 中文字幕一区二区三区乱码| 中文字幕精品一区二区日本| 亚洲中文字幕在线乱码| 亚洲精品无码你懂的网站| 免费无码黄十八禁网站在线观看| 日韩精品无码中文字幕一区二区| 曰批全过程免费视频在线观看无码| 中文无码精品一区二区三区| 久久精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 色综合久久综合中文综合网| 色欲综合久久中文字幕网| 中文字幕亚洲情99在线| 最近中文字幕在线中文高清版 | 无码人妻AV免费一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕不卡无码| 一本一道av中文字幕无码| 亚洲AV无码码潮喷在线观看 | 无码国内精品久久人妻| 日韩精品无码AV成人观看| 国产精品无码无卡在线播放| 国产免费久久久久久无码|