Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Latest

    Preparations made for 40-day holiday travel rush

    By LUO WANGSHU | China Daily | Updated: 2023-01-09 08:58
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    Travelers wave goodbye through a train window at Wuhan Railway Station in Hubei province on Saturday, as the 40-day Spring Festival travel rush began. WU ZHIZUN/XINHUA

    The transport sector is working hard to implement updated COVID-19 management and ensure smooth and efficient transport services during the Spring Festival travel rush, according to the Ministry of Transport.

    This year's 40-day rush began on Saturday and will end on Feb 15. It is the first since China optimized COVID-19 management and eased restrictions on travel.

    According to estimates from the Ministry of Transport, about 2.1 billion passenger trips are expected to be made during the period, an incredible year-on-year increase of 99.5 percent.

    On Saturday, the first day of the rush, 34.74 million passenger trips were made across China, a year-on-year increase of 38.9 percent compared with the same period last year, and up 11.1 percent compared to last month, according to the ministry.

    But the number was still 48.6 percent lower than the same period in 2019, prior to the pandemic.

    Among them, 6.02 million were made on the railway network, and 27.35 million, 392,000 and 976,000 trips were made by road, water and air respectively.

    On Saturday, more than two weeks ahead of Spring Festival, which falls on Jan 22, Qin Zhishuai took the first bullet train leaving Beijing at 5:34 am heading for Handan in neighboring Hebei province.

    As an intensive care nurse, he and his colleagues plan to stagger their holidays to ensure there is enough staff at the hospital and that everyone can enjoy a holiday and have a break.

    "We plan on three holiday leave 'shifts' — before, during and after Spring Festival. I am in the 'before' group," he said, adding that he will return to work before the festival to carry on helping patients.

    He brought specialties from the capital as gifts, including cakes and dumplings.

    "I want to spend some time with my grandparents," he said.

    Wang Yiting took his annual leave and left Beijing for Datong, Shanxi province, on Friday, to avoid the crowds.

    Wang plans to return to Beijing on Jan 27.

    So did Wang Hu, who also took annual leave to go home to Handan on Saturday to avoid the traffic.

    Many travelers have answered the authorities' call to travel off-peak for the holidays to reduce the load.

    China downgraded the management of COVID-19 on Sunday, but epidemic measures for travel had been eased earlier.

    To reduce the pressure of a significant expected increase in passenger trips during the rush, China is encouraging flexible and off-peak leave for holidays.

    Details were included in a plan released last month by the State Council, China's Cabinet.

    Vice-Minister of Transport Xu Chengguang said on Friday that the 2023 Spring Festival Transportation Special Group is working with different government departments to encourage off-peak and flexible leave to reduce pressure on the transport system.

    Although China optimized COVID-19 management and lifted restrictions on travel, epidemic control is still very important during the huge migration, said Cai Tuanjie, director of the ministry's transport department.

    "We urged service providers to improve disinfection at transport hubs and on transport means, and to open more channels for ticket and security checks to avoid bottlenecks," he said, adding that more services will be run along some popular routes to reduce crowds.

    "Contact-free facilities and services are encouraged," he said.

    "Health management of staff will also be boosted. If staff begin to show symptoms such as fever, they will stop working," Cai noted.

    Every passenger should be responsible for their own health, by wearing face masks and avoiding public transport when ill, and we will assist in improving awareness of that, he added.

    On Friday and Saturday, almost everyone at Beijing Qinghe and Beijing West railway stations wore face masks, some even wearing more than one at the same time.

    "We will disinfect waiting rooms more frequently, especially in key areas, including the ticket checking machine and door handles in bathrooms, to create a safe environment for travelers," said Liang Zhaoyu, a spokesman for Beijing West Railway Station.

    "We will increase the frequency of disinfection on the train, carrying out disinfection every hour. Attendants will also remind travelers to pay attention to their health. For example, if a passenger is not wearing a face mask, we will remind them to put one on. We have also stocked up on free face masks for passengers should they need one," said Gao Min, a bullet train conductor.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    爆操夜夜操天天操狠操中文| 日韩AV无码久久一区二区| 玖玖资源站无码专区| 欧美日韩中文国产一区| 国产v亚洲v天堂无码网站| 国产成人精品一区二区三区无码| 永久免费无码日韩视频| V一区无码内射国产| 亚洲av永久无码精品表情包| 免费中文字幕视频| 日本阿v网站在线观看中文| 亚洲AV无码一区二区一二区| 国产V亚洲V天堂A无码| 亚洲色无码专区在线观看| 五月婷婷在线中文字幕观看| 日韩欧美中文在线| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 亚洲国产精品无码久久久久久曰| 国产AV一区二区三区无码野战| 亚洲AV无码专区在线播放中文| 亚洲中文字幕无码一去台湾| 最近2019年中文字幕一页| 无码超乳爆乳中文字幕久久| 中文字幕人成人乱码亚洲电影| 亚洲成A∨人片天堂网无码| 久久中文字幕无码专区| 免费无码AV一区二区| 极品粉嫩嫩模大尺度无码视频| 国产Av激情久久无码天堂| 精品亚洲A∨无码一区二区三区 | 国产精品无码不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区在线观看| 亚洲日产无码中文字幕| 午夜无码伦费影视在线观看| 无码日韩精品一区二区三区免费| 无码中文字幕乱在线观看| 精品无码久久久久久尤物| 国产网红主播无码精品 | 一本之道高清无码视频| 国产 亚洲 中文在线 字幕| 久久精品aⅴ无码中文字字幕不卡|