US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
    China / Hot Issues

    Families demand refunds for cancer treatment

    By Wang Xiaodong and Shan Juan (China Daily) Updated: 2016-05-04 08:23

    Families demand refunds for cancer treatment

    A woman identified only as Lu tells reporters at the Second Hospital of the Beijing Armed Police Corps in Beijing on Tuesday she is seeking are fund for therapy received by her husband, who had liver cancer and died in March last year. [Wei Xiaohao/China Daily]

    Families of patients who are receiving or have received immunotherapy cancer treatment at a military hospital in Beijing are demanding an explanation and refunds, after media exposed details of a case involving the hospital and a young patient who died recently.

    Three top government and military health authorities have jointly launched an investigation into the Second Hospital of the Beijing Armed Police Corps, the National Health and Family Planning Commissions aid on Tuesday.

    It said it would conduct the probe jointly with the health bureaus of the Central Military Commission and the national Armed Police Force.

    The commission said on Monday that it and other ministries have set up a team to probe search engine giant Baidu to see whether misleading information regarding cancer treatment had led college student Wei Zexi,21, to choose the hospital for treatment.

    Wei, a computer science major at Xidian University in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, died on April 12.He was diagnosed in 2014 with synovial sarcoma, a rare, terminal cancer of the soft tissue, and underwent surgeries and chemotherapy in other hospitals before turning to immunotherapy at the Second Hospital of the Beijing Armed Police Corps last year. He turned to the hospital after searching on Baidu.

    Two months before his death, Wei said in an online post that a doctor at the hospital told his father that the immunotherapy was developed in the United States and was very effective. However, tumors entered his lungs several months after he received the treatment at a cost of more than 200,000 yuan ($30,900), he wrote.

    The hospital declined to comment on Tuesday.

    The hospital and Baidu became the target of public criticism in the past few days after media reports raised questions about Wei's treatment and the search engine's paid listing practice. The reports also brought to light the hospital's contracting of treatment to a private company.

    The National Health and Family Planning Commission prohibits public hospitals from contracting their departments to others.

    However, military hospitals such as the Second Hospital of the Beijing Armed Police Corps are administered by military authorities.

    Although military hospitals are likewise banned from contracting departments to other companies, according to regulations issued by military authorities, in practice many military hospitals contract some of their departments to others for profit, media reports said.

    Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

    Highlights
    Hot Topics
    ...
    人妻中文字幕乱人伦在线| 无码GOGO大胆啪啪艺术| 亚洲AV无码一区二区乱子伦| 中文字幕无码免费久久| 亚洲av福利无码无一区二区| 爆操夜夜操天天操狠操中文| 亚洲AV无码精品色午夜果冻不卡| 波多野结衣中文字幕在线| 国产网红主播无码精品| 亚洲精品无码不卡在线播放HE| 天堂а√在线中文在线| 成人无码免费一区二区三区| 中文字幕无码乱人伦| 人妻少妇精品视中文字幕国语| 免费无码黄十八禁网站在线观看 | 人妻精品久久无码区| 最近2019年免费中文字幕高清| 久久久人妻精品无码一区| 亚洲av无码潮喷在线观看| 最近免费中文字幕中文高清| 亚洲中文字幕无码一区| 亚洲国产综合精品中文第一| 国产精品成人无码久久久久久 | 痴汉中文字幕视频一区| 青春草无码精品视频在线观| 国产产无码乱码精品久久鸭| 亚洲AV永久无码精品| 欧洲精品无码一区二区三区在线播放| 成人精品一区二区三区中文字幕 | 国模GOGO无码人体啪啪| 少妇无码一区二区二三区| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区天堂| 亚洲精品无码久久一线| 无码精品久久久天天影视| 亚洲ⅴ国产v天堂a无码二区| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区在线 | 日韩精品无码人妻一区二区三区| 日韩人妻无码精品久久久不卡| 亚洲AV无码乱码在线观看富二代 | 亚洲精品无码MV在线观看| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AV漫画|