.contact us |.about us
    Home BizChina Newsphoto Cartoon LanguageTips Metrolife DragonKids SMS Edu
    news... ...
                 Focus on... ...
       

    Milosevic contests use of recording
    ( 2002-10-01 11:25 ) (7 )

    Slobodan Milosevic contested the use of a recorded telephone conversation at his war crimes trial Monday, claiming it was obtained illegally.

    Defending himself at his genocide trial in connection with wars in Croatia and Bosnia, the former president argued that a secret recording introduced by prosecutors last week was recorded "without permission from the authorities."

    The recording of a conversation between leading Bosnian Serb war crimes fugitive Radovan Karadzic and a witness in Milosevic's trial at the Yugoslav tribunal was aired in court during a closed session Friday.

    Prosecutors plan to use dozens of similar recordings and radio intercepts in the coming months and the panel of three UN judges called for a separate hearing to consider their admissibility.

    Prosecutors have run into trouble using similar evidence, including during the trial of Bosnian Serb Gen. Radislav Krstic, who was convicted of genocide for the 1995 Srebrenica massacres in the Bosnian enclave.

    Milosevic raised the objection during the testimony of a protected witness, a former moderate Serb politician identified as C-037, who was asked about a telephone conversation the witness had with Karadzic.

    The contents of the recording, made by the Muslim-led Bosnian secret service and provided to the UN tribunal, were not made public.

    "My objection here is one of principle, although I am not at all interested in the tape's content ... or whether it is authentic," Milosevic said.

    Milosevic faces a total of 66 counts of war crimes during the break up of Yugoslavia in the 1990s, 61 of them for the wars in Croatia and Bosnia for which he is charged with genocide.

    The second part of Milosevic's landmark trial, dealing with the 1991-1995 Balkan conflicts, began Thursday. The first stage on the 1998-1999 Serb crackdown on Albanians in Kosovo ended Sept. 11.

    Witness C-037 described the rise of ethnic tension in the region of Krajina in Croatia, where the dominant Serb population rebelled against Croatia's 1991 declaration of independence and proclaimed their own rule.

    The rebellion was bankrolled by Belgrade and Milosevic's regime, the witness said.

    The prosecution maintains that Milosevic advocated a policy of "ethnic cleansing," to bring Serbs across the former Yugoslavia together in a single nation.

     
       
     
       

     

             
             
           
            .contact us |.about us
      Copyright By chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved  
    91无码人妻精品一区二区三区L| 亚洲日韩AV一区二区三区中文 | 国产精品久久久久无码av| 日本精品久久久久中文字幕8| 日韩AV无码精品人妻系列| 久久精品中文字幕第23页| 亚洲欧美精品一中文字幕| 久久久久久亚洲AV无码专区| 国产日韩AV免费无码一区二区三区 | 中文无码一区二区不卡αv| 亚洲免费无码在线| YY111111少妇无码理论片| 亚洲AV中文无码字幕色三| 亚洲AV永久青草无码精品| 日韩亚洲欧美中文高清在线| 无码中文字幕乱在线观看| 无码8090精品久久一区| 潮喷失禁大喷水aⅴ无码| 精品无码国产一区二区三区51安| 精品无码一区二区三区在线| yellow中文字幕久久网| 日本久久久久久中文字幕| 亚洲开心婷婷中文字幕| 亚洲高清中文字幕免费| 五十路熟妇高熟无码视频| 精品一区二区无码AV| 精品久久久久久无码免费| 国产精品无码一区二区在线观一| 精品无码人妻一区二区免费蜜桃 | 精品日韩亚洲AV无码一区二区三区| 久久无码AV中文出轨人妻| 中文无码字慕在线观看| 久久国产精品无码网站| av潮喷大喷水系列无码| 蜜桃视频无码区在线观看| 无码人妻精品一区二| 亚洲成?v人片天堂网无码| 久久精品人妻中文系列| 2022中文字幕在线| 精选观看中文字幕高清无码| 十八禁视频在线观看免费无码无遮挡骂过|