您現在的位置: > Language Tips > Campus > BBS  
     





     
    Words of Wisdom for the Modern Age
    [ 2007-05-28 15:06 ]

    Wisdom today means something different for the young, modem Western generation.
    對今天西方的年輕一代來說,智慧別有一番含義。

    [1] Wisdom of the ancients always served civilisation well. In the age of the TV sitcom , witty New York repartee and the instant one-liner, Western wisdom in the modern sense can mean something more like the dialogue from an American sitcom. Here's sampling of the some of the wittier one-lines circulating through Western society circles these days:

    古人的智慧對文明總是大有裨益。在電視情景喜劇、紐約式的機智問答和即興的單句俏皮話大行其道的時代,現代意義上的西方智慧更像是一出美國情景喜劇里對白之類的東西。以下是近來在西方社會流傳的一些具有代表性的單句睿語:

    [2] I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either.
    我每天只能取悅一個人。今天輪不到你。明天看上去也不太妙。

    [3] 1 love deadlines. I especially like the wooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
    我喜歡最后期限。我尤其喜歡它們飛馳而過時發出的嗖嗖聲。

    [4] Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
    告訴我你需要什么,然后我會告訴你沒有它怎么過。

    [5] Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
    接受這一事實--有時你是在雕像上隨意排泄的鴿子,有時你是那倒霉的雕像。

    [6] Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't be needing them again.
    需要某個人就像需要一頂降落傘。如果他們第一時間不在場,你就可能再也沒有需要他們的機會了。

    [7] On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
    在生活的鍵盤上,始終要把一個手指按在“退出”鍵上。

    [8] You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    你比一群在花生醬中亂竄的海龜還要慢。

    [9] Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    不要插手兇龍惡獸的事,因為你是松脆的,而被涂上番茄醬后味道好極了。

    [10] Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
    每個人在別人眼中都是怪物。

    [11] Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    千萬別和白癡爭論。他們會把你拉低到和他們同等的水平,再用經驗擊敗你。

    [12] Don't be irreplaceable--if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
    切勿成為不可替代的人--如果沒人能取代你,你便無法得到提升。

    [13] Eat one live frog the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
    如果早晨第一件事就是吃一只活青蛙,那么余下的一天便不會有更糟的事發生了。

    [14] Everything can be filed under miscellaneous.
    每件東西都可歸入雜項。

    [15] You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.
    老板偶然來到你的辦公桌時,你總是在做一些無關緊要的事。

    [16] When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question "how would adventure star Indiana Jones handle this?"
    碰到難題時,把它簡化成這樣一個問題——“驚險片明星印第安那·瓊斯會怎樣處理?”--你就能比較容易地解決它了。

    [17] I don't have an attitude problem. you have a perception problem.
    不是我的態度有問題,而是你的感覺有問題。

    (來源:旺旺英語  通訊員劉偉推薦)

     
     
    相關文章 Related Stories
     
             
     
     
     
     
     
             

     

     

     
     

    48小時內最熱門

         

    本頻道最新推薦

         
      黑色五月——大學生自殺心理探源
      美元的符號$是怎么來的
      60屆戛納電影節完全獲獎名單
      爸爸媽媽,我愛你們!(讀者作品)
      “天兒真好”怎么說

    論壇熱貼

         
      "死性不改"怎樣翻才夠味?
      “冷笑話”怎么翻呢?
      how to say: 人間極品
      My but it's certainly sunny today!
      “奉陪到底”怎么說
      Adam Smith - Theory Of Moral Sentiments




    丝袜熟女国偷自产中文字幕亚洲| 亚洲人成无码网站在线观看| 无套中出丰满人妻无码| 亚洲国产精品无码久久青草| 自慰无码一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕无码不卡电影| 国产成人无码精品久久久久免费 | 久久亚洲精品成人av无码网站| 人妻少妇精品中文字幕av蜜桃| 国产精品va在线观看无码| 一区二区三区人妻无码| 熟妇人妻无乱码中文字幕真矢织江| 亚洲综合中文字幕无线码| AA区一区二区三无码精片| 亚洲va无码专区国产乱码| 中文字幕免费高清视频| 韩国中文字幕毛片| 久久精品无码一区二区三区日韩| 十八禁无码免费网站| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 国产日韩精品中文字无码| 中文毛片无遮挡高潮免费| 久久亚洲AV永久无码精品| 精品一区二区无码AV| 成年无码av片在线| 国产av无码专区亚洲av桃花庵| 亚洲AV无码乱码国产麻豆穿越| 中文字幕乱码无码人妻系列蜜桃 | 中文字幕在线无码一区二区三区| 亚洲国产综合精品中文第一区| 中文一国产一无码一日韩| 日本妇人成熟免费中文字幕| 影院无码人妻精品一区二区| 亚洲AV无码乱码在线观看牲色| 亚洲AV无码一区二区一二区| 国产成人无码a区在线视频| 人妻少妇看A偷人无码精品视频| 亚洲精品国产日韩无码AV永久免费网| 无码任你躁久久久久久久| 亚洲av中文无码| 无码AV中文一区二区三区|