Words of Wisdom for the Modern Age
    Wisdom today means something different for the young, modem Western generation.
    對今天西方的年輕一代來說,智慧別有一番含義。

    [1] Wisdom of the ancients always served civilisation well. In the age of the TV sitcom , witty New York repartee and the instant one-liner, Western wisdom in the modern sense can mean something more like the dialogue from an American sitcom. Here's sampling of the some of the wittier one-lines circulating through Western society circles these days:

    古人的智慧對文明總是大有裨益。在電視情景喜劇、紐約式的機智問答和即興的單句俏皮話大行其道的時代,現代意義上的西方智慧更像是一出美國情景喜劇里對白之類的東西。以下是近來在西方社會流傳的一些具有代表性的單句睿語:

    [2] I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either.
    我每天只能取悅一個人。今天輪不到你。明天看上去也不太妙。

    [3] 1 love deadlines. I especially like the wooshing sound they make as they go flying by.
    我喜歡最后期限。我尤其喜歡它們飛馳而過時發出的嗖嗖聲。

    [4] Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.
    告訴我你需要什么,然后我會告訴你沒有它怎么過。

    [5] Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.
    接受這一事實--有時你是在雕像上隨意排泄的鴿子,有時你是那倒霉的雕像。

    [6] Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't be needing them again.
    需要某個人就像需要一頂降落傘。如果他們第一時間不在場,你就可能再也沒有需要他們的機會了。

    [7] On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.
    在生活的鍵盤上,始終要把一個手指按在“退出”鍵上。

    [8] You are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    你比一群在花生醬中亂竄的海龜還要慢。

    [9] Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    不要插手兇龍惡獸的事,因為你是松脆的,而被涂上番茄醬后味道好極了。

    [10] Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
    每個人在別人眼中都是怪物。

    [11] Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    千萬別和白癡爭論。他們會把你拉低到和他們同等的水平,再用經驗擊敗你。

    [12] Don't be irreplaceable--if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
    切勿成為不可替代的人--如果沒人能取代你,你便無法得到提升。

    [13] Eat one live frog the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
    如果早晨第一件事就是吃一只活青蛙,那么余下的一天便不會有更糟的事發生了。

    [14] Everything can be filed under miscellaneous.
    每件東西都可歸入雜項。

    [15] You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.
    老板偶然來到你的辦公桌時,你總是在做一些無關緊要的事。

    [16] When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question "how would adventure star Indiana Jones handle this?"
    碰到難題時,把它簡化成這樣一個問題——“驚險片明星印第安那·瓊斯會怎樣處理?”--你就能比較容易地解決它了。

    [17] I don't have an attitude problem. you have a perception problem.
    不是我的態度有問題,而是你的感覺有問題。

    (來源:旺旺英語  通訊員劉偉推薦)

     
         
     
    相關文章 Related Story
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
         
     
     

     
     
    “出入境手續”怎么說?  
    炒股應該跟著感覺走嗎?  
    學會說“不”  
    The Da Vinci Code《達?芬奇密碼》(精講之三)  
    “帥呆了”怎么說  
    英語點津最新推薦
    12步打造完美簡歷(3)  
    我對你有“信心”  
    “個體戶”怎么說?  
    Job hunters flock to cities to try their luck  
    上班族們,別太勞累了  
     
     
     
     
    CDCLUB(BJ)+非凡英語沙龍(e-Salon)秋日朝陽公園英語交游盛會  
    “黃土高坡”怎么說  
    “穿幫”怎么說  
    “托養協議”,指老人托養  
    As If!(e-c)practice  
    “試婚”怎么說  
    国产午夜无码精品免费看动漫| 欧美日韩亚洲中文字幕二区| 最近中文字幕mv免费高清在线 | 中文字幕乱码人妻一区二区三区| 亚洲AV无码一区二区乱孑伦AS| 7777久久亚洲中文字幕| 国产精品无码无片在线观看| 国产色综合久久无码有码| 日本久久久久久中文字幕| 亚洲?V无码成人精品区日韩 | 久久久久av无码免费网| www.中文字幕| 中文字幕人妻中文AV不卡专区 | 免费无码婬片aaa直播表情| 亚洲Av永久无码精品三区在线 | 无码乱人伦一区二区亚洲| 日韩人妻无码精品系列| 日韩精品久久无码中文字幕| 中文字幕在线无码一区二区三区| 国产AV无码专区亚洲Av| 无码h黄动漫在线播放网站| 无码一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲精品无码专区久久久| 中文字幕久久精品| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文字幕| 天堂√中文最新版在线下载| 中文字幕乱码久久午夜| 一本大道久久东京热无码AV| 亚洲 无码 在线 专区| 午夜无码中文字幕在线播放| 无码8090精品久久一区| 中日精品无码一本二本三本| 婷婷色中文字幕综合在线| 欧美 亚洲 日韩 中文2019| 中文亚洲欧美日韩无线码| 精品久久久久久中文字幕人妻最新 | 中文字幕在线观看| 日本成人中文字幕| 无码播放一区二区三区| 在线精品无码字幕无码AV| 亚洲日韩精品无码一区二区三区|