Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    Pompeo says no hard evidence Saudi prince ordered Khashoggi killing

    Updated: 2018-11-29 09:06
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo speaks to the media after a closed briefing for senators about the latest developments related to the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi on Capitol Hill in Washington, on Nov 28, 2018. [Photo/Agencies]

    WASHINGTON - US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Wednesday that there was no direct evidence connecting Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi last month in Istanbul.

    Pompeo spoke to reporters after he and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told the Senate behind closed doors that weakening US-Saudi ties over the killing would hurt national security.

    "There is no direct reporting connecting the crown prince to the order to murder Jamal Khashoggi," Pompeo said.

    However, many senators left the briefing saying otherwise.

    "I don't think there's anybody in the room that doesn't believe he was responsible for it," Senator Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told reporters after the briefing.

    "MbS has not taken ownership of the death," Corker said, using the short-hand initials for the crown prince.

    The CIA has assessed that the crown prince had ordered the Oct 2 killing of Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul

    Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said he would withhold his vote on any key issue, including a government spending bill, until he gets a briefing on the topic from the CIA.

    "I am not going to be denied the ability to be briefed by the CIA, that we have oversight of, about whether or not their assessment supports my belief that this could not have happened without MbS knowing," Graham told reporters.

    Leading Democratic senators said the intelligence they had seen convinced them of the crown prince's role in murder of Khashoggi, a Washington Post journalist and US resident. 

    Reuters

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    国产成人无码精品一区二区三区| 亚洲乳大丰满中文字幕| 久久久噜噜噜久久中文福利| 色偷偷一区二区无码视频| 中文精品久久久久国产网址| 国产成人无码专区| 亚洲av永久无码精品国产精品| 亚洲日本欧美日韩中文字幕 | 亚洲中文久久精品无码| 久久亚洲AV成人出白浆无码国产| 精品久久久久中文字| 中文在线资源天堂WWW| 国产真人无码作爱免费视频| 无码AV岛国片在线播放| 无码AV动漫精品一区二区免费| 无码AV中文一区二区三区| 精品久久久久久无码人妻热| 一本大道东京热无码一区| 一二三四在线观看免费中文在线观看 | 成 人无码在线视频高清不卡| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区久久 | 欧美麻豆久久久久久中文| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区中文| 午夜亚洲av永久无码精品| 免费A级毛片无码鲁大师| 99久久无码一区人妻a黑 | 日韩精品无码永久免费网站| 人妻无码第一区二区三区| 亚洲AV永久青草无码精品| 亚洲午夜福利AV一区二区无码| 国产色爽免费无码视频| 精品久久久久久无码不卡 | 无码人妻精品一区二区三区久久久| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区久久99 | 无码播放一区二区三区| 亚洲一日韩欧美中文字幕欧美日韩在线精品一区二 | 亚洲国产中文v高清在线观看| 中文字幕国产在线| 日韩亚洲欧美中文高清在线 | 超清无码无卡中文字幕| 亚洲国产精品无码久久|