Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    Business
    Home / Business / Technology

    Huawei unveils plan to support UK developers

    By Ma Si | China Daily | Updated: 2020-01-17 09:20
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    An attendee wears a badge strip with the logo of Huawei and a sign for 5G at the World 5G Exhibition in Beijing, Nov 22, 2019. [Photo/Agencies]

    Huawei Technologies Co has unveiled a 20 million pounds ($26.16 million) plan to support app developers in the United Kingdom and Ireland, as the Chinese tech giant steps up efforts to build its own mobile software ecosystem to mitigate the fallout from US restrictions.

    At its first app developer conference in the UK, Huawei said the investment will be used to encourage British and Irish app developers to make apps for its own Huawei Mobile Services mobile ecosystem and its self-developed mobile operating system Harmony OS.

    The Chinese tech giant, which was restricted by the US government from accessing Google's Android apps and services, has held numerous app developer conferences over the past year across Europe. It aims to build the ecosystem for Huawei Mobile Services, the foundation for its ability to sell smart devices in overseas markets.

    The investment is part of a wider global plan presented by Yu Chengdong, CEO of Huawei's consumer business group, in Munich last September, which envisages a total investment of $3 billion.

    "Ultimately, we envision an all-scenario intelligent consumer experience for the future of Huawei Mobile Services and will provide businesses and developers with the opportunity to reach new audiences, expand and monetize, as they prepare for the fully connected world," said Anson Zhang, managing director of Huawei UK's Consumer Business Group, according to a report from Xinhua News Agency.

    Huawei Mobile Services already has 600 million active users in more than 170 countries and regions, with 72 million of them being European users, data from Huawei show.

    The Shenzhen-based company is currently the world's second-largest smartphone vendor by shipments after South Korea's Samsung. Last year, it shipped more than 240 million units of smartphones, despite it being added to the US government's "Entity List", which bars it from accessing any US technologies without special government approval.

    The company announced on Wednesday that it had shipped 6.9 million units of 5G smartphones by the end of December.

    Xiang Ligang, director-general of the telecom industry association Information Consumption Alliance, said there is a good chance that Google's Android will remain inaccessible for Huawei this year and hence must work hard to support its in-house alternative.

    Huawei unveiled its much-anticipated in-house operating system Harmony OS in August, marking what some call the company's biggest push yet to build its own software ecosystem for the era of the internet of things.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    CLOSE
     
    日韩亚洲变态另类中文| 一本大道东京热无码一区| 中文无码伦av中文字幕| 一级毛片中出无码| 无码视频在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲无线码| 色婷婷综合久久久久中文| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 亚洲日产无码中文字幕| 精品人妻无码专区中文字幕| 日韩精品无码久久一区二区三 | 麻豆国产原创中文AV网站| 色噜噜综合亚洲av中文无码| 高清无码午夜福利在线观看| 日韩欧美中文亚洲高清在线| 亚洲伊人成无码综合网| av无码播放一级毛片免费野外| 无码囯产精品一区二区免费 | 中文字幕在线观看亚洲日韩| 中文无码熟妇人妻AV在线| 2019亚洲午夜无码天堂| 国模GOGO无码人体啪啪| 无码GOGO大胆啪啪艺术| 亚洲AV综合色区无码一区爱AV| 乱人伦中文无码视频在线观看 | 无码国产精品一区二区免费模式| 国产AⅤ无码专区亚洲AV| 四虎影视无码永久免费| 日韩av无码免费播放| 乱人伦人妻中文字幕无码| 中文字幕日韩在线| 最近2019中文字幕免费直播| 亚洲视频中文字幕| 久久五月精品中文字幕| 日韩AV高清无码| 亚洲热妇无码AV在线播放| 亚洲AV永久无码区成人网站 | 人妻无码αv中文字幕久久| 无码少妇一区二区| 潮喷无码正在播放| 国产V亚洲V天堂A无码|