Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    China
    Home / China / Henan floods

    Henan death toll climbs to 69

    By Cheng Si? | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2021-07-26 20:12
    Share
    Share - WeChat
    A delivery driver places flowers at a subway station that his clients ordered online and pays tribute to those who lost their lives in the torrential rains in Zhengzhou, Central China's Henan province, on July 26, 2021. [Photo by Wu Xiaohui/chinadaily.com.cn]

    At least 69 people have been killed in the heavy downpours and flood disaster in Central China's Henan province, since July 16, as of noon of Monday, according to latest figure from the provincial government. 

    So far, about 1.47 million residents over the province have been relocated to safe places. Over 972,000 hectares of crops were affected, with about 108,000 hectares of crops wiped out.

    The latest figures given by the government showed that nearly 14,000 houses collapsed as of noon Monday due to the flood disaster.

    Li Changxun, deputy head of the province's Department of Emergency Management said at a news conference the province is preparing for a potential new wave of torrential rain brought by typhoon In-Fa that just landed in Zhejiang province on Sunday.

    "We are stepping up examining and reinforcing those flood-control projects," he said. "Epidemic prevention is also of great importance to our work. We are carrying out complete disinfection work in disaster-stricken areas, especially some key places, including airports, railway stations, hospitals and wet markets. Also relocation settlements to prevent the possible outbreak of an epidemic after the floods."

    With the rescue campaign still underway, the public is concerned about some severely affected areas, for example, the Jingguang North Road Tunnel in Zhengzhou.

    People take photos of flowers at a subway station that express mourning for those who lost their lives in the torrential rains in Zhengzhou, Central China's Henan province, on July 26, 2021. [Photo by Wu Xiaohui/chinadaily.com.cn]

    Zhang Jiangtao, deputy secretary-general of Zhengzhou municipality, said at the news conference that the rescue mission in the tunnel - which is 1.7km long with the deepest water registered at 6 meters - is of great difficulty due to its complicated structure.

    "We've by now finished the work of flood draining, car relocation and rescuing victims in the tunnel," he said. "Over 2,000 people, including policemen, firefighters and volunteers, are involved in the five-day rescue mission, as well as 30 heavy-duty water pumps and 150 ambulances."

    Unfortunately, six people were found dead in the tunnel - five males and one female, he said.

    Shi Baoyin in Zhengzhou contributed to this story.

    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
     
    久久精品中文字幕久久| 亚洲AV无码专区在线播放中文| 中文字幕无码免费久久| 亚洲最大av无码网址| 亚洲AV无码成人精品区蜜桃| 在线观看中文字幕| 亚洲一区二区三区无码影院| 久久久久亚洲av无码专区| 日韩在线中文字幕制服丝袜| 最近中文字幕在线中文视频| 国产乱妇无码大片在线观看| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区东京热| 中文字幕在线看视频一区二区三区| 中文无码喷潮在线播放| 国产精品无码不卡一区二区三区| 一本色道无码道在线观看| 亚洲国产综合精品中文字幕| 亚洲一区无码中文字幕| 亚洲午夜无码久久久久小说| 国产高新无码在线观看| 成在线人免费无码高潮喷水| 午夜人性色福利无码视频在线观看| 久久久无码精品亚洲日韩京东传媒 | 伊人久久精品无码二区麻豆| 亚洲精品欧美二区三区中文字幕| 精品久久久无码人妻中文字幕豆芽| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二区| 精品久久久久久无码国产| 国产精品成人无码久久久久久| 国产免费无码一区二区| 国产精品久久久久无码av| 国产成人无码精品久久久久免费| 6080YYY午夜理论片中无码| 精品无码久久久久久尤物| 18禁无遮拦无码国产在线播放 | 国99精品无码一区二区三区| 人妻无码一区二区不卡无码av| 麻豆亚洲AV永久无码精品久久| 18禁网站免费无遮挡无码中文 | 伊人久久无码中文字幕| 婷婷综合久久中文字幕|