Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
    World
    Home / World / Americas

    US stock futures extend heavy losses to kick off new week

    Xinhua | Updated: 2025-04-07 13:56
    Share
    Share - WeChat

    NEW YORK - US stock futures continued to plummet on Sunday night, as wary investors fear the repeat of "Black Monday" in the stock market.

    The E-Mini Dow Continuous Contract, E-Mini S&P 500 Future Continuous Contract and E-Mini Nasdaq 100 Index Continuous Contract sank as much as 4.72 percent, 5.48 percent and 6.15 percent at one point.

    Still, losses narrowed materially afterward with the futures of E-Mini Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq down 2.63 percent, 3.14 percent and 3.85 percent, respectively, as of 9:45 pm eastern time (0145 GMT).

    The US stock market plunged on both Thursday and Friday with S&P 500 Index down 10.53 percent in the last two sessions and Nasdaq Composite Index diving into the bear market.

    Statistics show that the capitalization of US stocks shed as much as 5.4 trillion US dollars in the last two sessions.

    Investors' confidence tumbled after US President Donald Trump signed an executive order Wednesday on the so-called "reciprocal tariffs", imposing a 10 percent "minimum baseline tariff" and higher rates on certain trading partners.

    The only way to cure US trade deficits is with tariffs, said Trump on Sunday on social media platform Truth Social.

    US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said Sunday in an interview with NBC News that it is a "false narrative" that people nearing retirement might be reluctant after their retirement savings may have dropped last week because of the stock market downturn.

    Democratic Senator Adam Schiff criticized Bessent's remarks: "The treasury secretary saying that people aren't looking at where the retirement savings are -- maybe he doesn't have to. He's got the wealth ... Maybe the president, with his wealth, doesn't have to."

    "But what I'm hearing from Californians is those who have just retired, those who are on the eve of retiring, they're terrified of this," Schiff added.

    Most Viewed in 24 Hours
    Top
    BACK TO THE TOP
    English
    Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
    License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

    Registration Number: 130349
    FOLLOW US
    无码人妻丰满熟妇区五十路百度| 日本中文字幕在线不卡高清| 日韩欧美群交P片內射中文| 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷午夜色无码| 熟妇人妻中文字幕| 日韩AV无码久久一区二区| 伊人久久无码精品中文字幕| 中文字幕AV一区中文字幕天堂| 欧洲Av无码放荡人妇网站| 国产成人无码AV一区二区在线观看 | 国产成人亚洲综合无码| 亚洲日本中文字幕| 亚洲精品无码久久久久AV麻豆| 无码欧精品亚洲日韩一区| 中文字幕无码精品三级在线电影 | 亚洲精品无码专区久久同性男| 无码视频在线观看| 亚洲中文久久精品无码| 中文字幕日韩精品有码视频 | 日本中文字幕在线视频一区| 日本阿v视频高清在线中文| 无码人妻精品一区二区蜜桃百度| 无码人妻AⅤ一区二区三区 | 国产做无码视频在线观看浪潮| 亚洲中文字幕无码久久精品1| 无码福利一区二区三区| 日韩欧美成人免费中文字幕| 欧美日韩国产中文字幕| 欧美日韩v中文字幕| 天堂在/线中文在线资源官网| 中文字幕亚洲综合久久2| 日本中文字幕免费高清视频| 色婷婷综合久久久久中文一区二区| 佐藤遥希在线播放一二区| 天天爽亚洲中文字幕| 少女视频在线观看完整版中文| 被夫の上司に犯中文字幕 | 欧美日韩中文字幕久久久不卡| 中文字幕成人免费视频| 合区精品中文字幕| 国产啪亚洲国产精品无码|